- Family Activities
- NHL enthusiast
- Cardio training programs
- Continuing education
- Emerging cellular & computer technologies
Windows Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows Vista , Windows XP Pro
WAN, LAN, Routers, Firewall
PCs and MACs, Laptops, Servers, BlackBerry and Android devices, Installations, Patch Management
Ghost Server, Lexmark Markvision Server, Checkpoint Encryption, BES
Sharepoint Administration, OWA
Trouble-shooting - hardware and software, training others in use of software applications and Windows XP; Repairing laptops, desktops; designing and implementing network systems; SOX & FDIC audits compliance
- Experienced project team leader with over six years leading, planning and coordinating large technology software and hardware implementations spanning North America.
- A highly-experienced IT professional with 7 years of experience designing, building, configuring, and maintaining multi-site, multi-server Windows networks and supporting users, both with their networking requirements and desktop software requirements.
- Proactive at managing scope to ensure what was agreed to is delivered, unless changes approved through scope management.
- Proficient in planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Skilled both as team leader and key team member, who excels at working with both technical and non-technical people and relates well to key decision-makers both internal to and outside the organization.
- Experienced with many other IT department management activities such as purchasing (hardware and software), invoicing, and dealing with contractors on both a short and a long-term basis.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, disciplined, and enjoy tackling complex projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- PMP in progress.
Apr 2009 - Present
IT Project Coordinator
Dollar Financial Group
- Planned, organized and implemented multiple corporate IT projects spanning North America.
- Coordinated and facilitated multiple new corporate store openings for the IT department.
- Coordinated and facilitated multiple corporate acquisition stores for the purpose of IT standardization to streamline service desk support models.
- Accurately budgeted and executed project plans for implementation of new store IT initiatives.
- Engaged 3rd party vendors to facilitate initiatives for all project work. Managed and maintained all IT vendor relationships throughout the project life cycle.
- Tracked and communicated project status to senior management & operations department through daily and weekly status updates ensuring complete visibility to all stakeholders.
- Facilitated conference calls with internal departments and external vendors to review project milestones and manage progress.
- Actively monitored project scope and objectives of each project to ensure quality and fiscal responsibility was maintained.
- Managed the deliverable review and acceptance upon completion of all projects.
- Created project acceptance and administrative closure documentation.
- Successfully opened 18 retail locations under challenging construction constraints on time and on budget ensuring each project was completed within corporate standards.
- Actively managed three separate corporate acquisitions in Quebec, Ontario and Florida. All projects were viewed positively by the project sponsor and senior management.
- Created highly detailed documentation for technical installs (Implementation Checklists) as well as project coordinator work flow documentation for ITIL Standards.
Mar 2003 - Apr 2009
Dollar Financial Group
- Performed a wide range of planning and development, installation, enhancement and maintenance activities for the Company's IT solutions worldwide for more than 1000 locations.
- Traveled to numerous locations spanning from Manitoba to Nova Scotia and often numerous States in America to support the corporate network.
- Recommended a wide range of software, hardware, and networking strategies to assist the Company to cost-effectively meet its IT budget goals.
- Provided on-call service to support system failures, and monitored the network to safeguard against physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users, and damaged data.
- Created LAN, WAN & WiFi redundancies for all locations of responsibility.
- Built directory structures, security standards, email accounts and permissions.
- Managed ghost images, production servers, Configuration of Cisco PIX 501, 881 and ASA5505 Series security appliances, and other various network hardware devices.
- Created network, equipment, and software documentation using tools such as SnagIt and Visio, Adobe & MS Office.
- Created and collaborated on a key critical hardware handbook that was used for new IT initiatives for distribution to 3rd party vendors.
- Led and participated in dozens of new corporate IT initiatives across most of Canada and numerous locations across the United States.
- Planned and assisted in the deployment of a corporate wide initiative to create internet connectivity redundancy in over 450 Canadian locations to ensure 99.5% or greater up time.
Feb 1999 - Mar 2003
National Money Mart Co.
- Managed multiple retail locations
- Customer Service delivery
- Employee development
- Financial reconciliation
- Budget Analysis
- Local Marketing
- Successfully opened four new retail locations over the span of two years.
- Exceeded both monthly and yearly revenue budgets by over 200% consecutively.
- Developed six employees to enable them to earn management promotions.
Apr 2011 - Present
Attained certification in ITIL v.3 Service Delivery
Sep 2008 - Dec 2008
University of Victoria
Attained Project Management Business and Technology Elective Certificate