Experienced information technology professional with comprehensive experience in all phases of the SDLC in the following roles: application development/support, Oracle RDBMS administration, production support, and ETL development/support on a unix, linux, mainframe, and windows-based platform for enterprise-wide proprietary and integration solutions.
Mar 2009 - Present
Harrison Technology Group
• Designed, developed, and supported commercial (banking, hospitality, and dining) and residential audio-visual, data, and surveillance solutions. • Developed customized audio-visual equipment control solutions using AMX corporation’s proprietary Netlinx control programming language. • Developed proprietary inventory tracking solution for small businesseses. • Provided automated high availability and disaster recovery solutions for small businesses including documentation and training.
Jul 2008 - Oct 2008
New Data Strategies / J.C. Penney Corporation
• Provided system support for logistics application for a Fortune 500 retailer. • Developed korn shell and SQL scripts to automate application and Oracle database activities. • Performed SQL performance tuning activities.
Sep 2007 - May 2008
Carlisle & Gallagher / Bank of America Corp.
• Developed korn shell scripts and Informatica processing to facilitate data loads for a decision support system for a Fortune 100 financial institution. • Created database backup process by functional area of UDB table objects. • Automated database activity in decision support system database (300GB). • Provided training and documentation to client technical support staff.
Jul 2006 - Jun 2007
Near Future LLC
• Partner in an entrepreneurial venture. • Responsible for delivery of all technical activities for technology integrator. • Performed SDLC and implementation activities for proprietary solutions on a linux platform involving C, MySql databases, PHP, and shell scripting. • Implemented QoS (quality of service) activities and processes. • Provided technology support for sales cycle.
Jun 2005 - Jul 2006
Answerthink Inc. / Verizon
• Provided Oracle technical consulting services for financial decision support solution for major telecommunications corporation. • Performed analysis, design, coding, and testing of PL/SQL objects and unix shell scripts used in decision support system refreshes from 500 systems. • Utilized Informatica to facilitate data loads to 700GB database. • Assisted with database server and SQL performance tuning and review.
Jul 2004 - Jun 2005
Avizion Technologies Group
• Provided support for large billing system for major advertising corporation. • Performed all phases of SDLC for COBOL programs and PL/SQL objects. • Created shell scripts to automate problem determination and notification. • Responsible for maintenance of billing system interface processes.
Oct 2002 - May 2003
IBM Business Consulting Services
• Created Oracle 9i databases and resolved intermittent database problems. • Reviewed databases and SQL and made performance recommendations. • Converted mainframe COBOL programs to Oracle PL/SQL programs. • Refined Oracle replication process that extracted data from 5 remote Oracle databases and pushed the data into a data warehouse. • Utilized Informatica to facilitate data loads. • Created shell scripts to monitor application processes, received financial files from 18 territories around the world, massaged the data contents, passed the data to the respective target system, and archived the files. • Served as a liaison between financial services project and the data center team in recommending software and hardware changes for the project • Migrated applications and web servers during server consolidation efforts.
1995 - 2002
• Provided technical support for application developers responsible for developing an integration solution between a two-tier PowerBuilder application, a third party ERP system, and proprietary three-tier client-server application. Included unix shell scripting, productivity tool development in C, PL/SQL, Oracle database administration, and maintenance of a Visual C++ dll. Supported 6 major implementations. • Performed all phases of SDLC for Microfocus COBOL and Pro*C integration software between mainframe and client server application. • Designed application changes for project-wide high-availability solution • Advised junior staff on technical issues and trained client technical staff.