Materials Manager experienced in directing operations to make businesses and business processes more efficient. Strong leader with extensive experience in strategic planning, operations, business development, and customer relations.Operations, Program Manager with a proven track record of leadership and operational expertise with a variety of accomplishmnets including busniess expansion, team building, program management and negotiations that significantly impacted profitability. Successfully supervised teams up to 240 logistics and inventory control specialits, managed a diverse portfolio of products and services, and negotiated and managed national and international contracts.
Operations Executive with verifiable year-over-year success in all aspects of high volume Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Budgeting, Scheduling and Program Management. Directs day-to-day operations, distributions, acquisitions, and identifies target sourcing needs to increase company profitability. Impactful problem solver with extensive knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement methodologies. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP applications. Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Apr 2005 - Jan 2010
US Air Force
Held broad scope of responsibility for multi-site programs and initiatives that included Material, Operations and Human Capital Management, strategic planning, forecasting and cost containment. Orchestrated administrative processes for 200 logistics specialists. Executed comprehensive functional area program analysis across operations enterprise. Briefed corporate leaders; secured budget approval for future program developments.
- Produced 100% inventory accountability of 30 geographically separated storage facilities which included acquisition of 4.6K+ SKUs or line items valued at $266M; critiqued and audited partial and complete property inventories. Managed assets throughout product life cycle.
- Employed Lean initiatives and statistical analysis to streamline just-in-time (JIT) inventory status and requisition window by several weeks. Resource leveling model reduced inventory levels by approximately 23% or $40M. Monitored progress of product delivery; consistently met/exceeded customer expectations
- Programmed, monitored and controlled $350K annual operations budget; validated expenditures and compiled monthly budget report for executive management. Beat forecasted goals by 10%.
- Oversaw all personnel aspects to include feedback, performance evaluations, commendations, training and development, motivation and team building. Resolved Conflict Management issues.
Nov 2003 - Apr 2005
US Air Force
Defined and distributed the activities of several hundred maintenance personnel across 11 specialties within various divisions. Synchronized labor allocations and material resources within production subdivisions. Modeled workflow optimization to enhance production uptime; restructured work order release scheme to conform to MRP demand schedule. Assigned responsibilities and created workflow schedules; met demands with 97% accuracy.
- Generated weekly schedule which established inventory turn rate, operations priorities and coordinated timely flow of materials for 10 production facilities. Instituted Kanban to forecast 6-month supply needs to ensure assets on-hand to meet performance plans. Sustained 98% scheduling accuracy rate.
- Responded to organizational realignment. Modified delivery schedule and revised labor allocations; reduced manpower by 20% which saved $100K+ annually in expenses.
- Incorporated balanced planning with scheduling skills to assess and track 5.5K+ annual equipment inspections through repair/overhaul cycle; increased productivity by 15%.
- Provided oversight of the largest collection of support equipment in the entire Air Force. Led team to achieve 99% in-commission rate with proactive planning and preventative maintenance.
Sep 2002 - Oct 2003
Material Program Manager
US Air Force
Led cross-functional teams from Engineering, Data Analysis, Scheduling, Maintenance and Contracting. Commands deep understanding of critical business drivers. Executed strategic and tactical action plans focused on establishing long-term business growth and building top performing teams to drive achievement of objectives.
- Championed broad based strategic planning & execution in management and acquisition of $850M inventory in 42 warehouse facilities; warehouse kitting concepts consolidated high demand low density assets and recaptured 25% usable storage space.
- Downsized inventory surplus 25% by implementing demand based planning process and MRP system. Increased production capacities by 35% through introduction of fully operational second shift.
- Interpreted and articulated policy and procedures for cross functional Department of Defense and Contract teams. Outlined policy to diverse teams ranging in size from 10-700 personnel
- Initiated surveillance inspections of projects managed by U.S. and allied nation logistics teams; utilized exacting ISO 9000 inspection procedures to assure conformance with quality standards.
Jun 1994 - Sep 2002
Material Operations Specialist
US Air Force
Supervised staff of 240 inventory specialists. Directed quality control and shipping/receiving within high-volume operations and distribution environment. Highly successful in building relationships with upper-level decision makers, seizing control of critical problem areas.
- Maintained 100% accountability of 1K+ SKUs valued at $210M. Facilitated 450 periodic inventories; researched and resolved 1K discrepancies.
- Conducted statistical and data reliability analysis, initiated materials traceability actions and coordinated re-supply needs to ensure continuous process improvement; retooled inventory burndown concept drove 15% reduction in inventory within the first four months of system implementation.
- Methodically performed quality control inspection on 8K source documents and 14K+ liable inventory control transactions; follow-up actions highlighted and corrected 300 administrative oversights.
- Overhauled reporting and control processing by expediting Shipping and Receiving in-check to 2 day delivery resulting in focused turnover of 400 SKU’s valued at $880K.