Sr. Director of Engineering
American Achievement Corporation
Led Engineering Department for Publishing within AAC. Rebuilt the Dallas Software Engineering Department from the ground up to over 50 engineers.
- Launched a new SaaS product line which generated %300 of the forecasted revenue in the first year, 1000 customers vs 250 forecasted.
- Reduced outages by 90% by establishing a DevOp practice through building a DevOp team, building a CI/CD automation process and the usage of TerraForm, ansible, Jenkins and CloudWatch.
- Reduced AWS OpEx cost by over a $1.0 million a year by establishing DevOp team and re-architecting their AWS footprint and switching to serverless architecture (using lambda function).
- Evolved and matured Balfour’s IT processes by:
- Adopting SCRUM & ITIL for running software development and IT operation.
- Establishing & nurturing culture of ownership & accountability
- Introduced new tools like TestRail, Splunk, NewRelic, Jira & cloud foundry.
- Delivered on business objectives (releasing StudioBalfour, MyYear, Balfour Tools, Balfour Works and BalfourGo) by rebuilding the Dallas team and establishing an offshore development office in Poland.
- Reduced cost of producing software by 30% by establishing an offshore development office in Poland which proved to be cost effective & delivered high quality software.
- Reduction of production defects by 40% by establishing a formal QA team which focused on test automation drastically improved the agility of the SDLC.