18 years’ successful experience in all aspects of small business management including Strategic Planning, Sales and Marketing, Business Development, Finance and Accounting, Operations, and Supply Chain Management. Enabled 50%+ growth rates at multiple companies. Recognized as a hands-on and visionary leader who has devised and executed growth strategies and led multiple organizations to financial success.
Other related experience
- 20 years of network & server installations & maintenance.
- Taught computer science, web design and graphic design at the secondary level.
May 2009 - Present
Small Business Consultant
Provide strategic, operations, IT, and marketing consulting services to small businesses.
2007 - Apr 2009
Undertook full responsibility for company's strategic, operational, and financial performance, and led the company to its highest profitability in 22 years.
- Doubled revenue per employee in the first year.
- Increased revenues 52% per year.
- More than tripled profit margins and more than quadrupled net profits.
- Revamped marketing and sales programs, leading to 15% increase in new software leads and 86% increase in new customer acquisition.
2006 - 2007
VP, IT & Software Development
Led software product development efforts and continued modernizing the company's business information systems to provide better information access at a lower cost.
- Designed, developed and launched MCN Healthcare's enterprise software applications for policy management, learning management, and regulatory notification services, repositioning the company as a healthcare software provider.
- Put in place the infrastructure enabling the growth of the company's new hosted software business.
- Realized profitability on all software products within 3-4 months of launch.
- Developed web-based, fully automated product demos that brought in over a thousand highly-qualified leads per year.
2004 - 2006
- Simplified and improved business processes, eliminating 95% of order processing errors and increasing customer service productivity more than 25%.
- Integrated legacy accounting, CRM and marketing systems, providing additional productivity gains and cost savings.
- Transformed the company's entire business model and growth strategy, enabling the reversal of a multi-year sales decline.
- Modernized the company's IT infrastructure, increasing employee productivity and providing rapid access to accurate business intelligence.
- Designed, developed & launched a new e-commerce website, opening up new marketing channels for the company.
- Recruited, hired and trained personnel for the company's new IT & software development department.
2001 - 2003
Branan Medical Corporation
Facilitated annual revenue growth of 50% and produced solid profit growth through process improvement, business process redesign, and efficient operations management.
- Used financial analysis and modeling to identify ways to streamline operations, improving average profit margin by 40-50%.
- Developed custom systems for supply chain management, forecasting, production scheduling, and inventory control. Improved cash flow, reduced inventory carrying costs, and eliminated work stoppages caused by lack of critical components. Increased productivity more than 40% in terms of dollar output per worker hour.
- Re-engineered business processes reducing order fulfillment time from 3 weeks to 2 days, eliminating need for frequent overtime, and resulting in improved worker morale and lowered error rate.
- Developed sound internal operational controls and redesigned A/R and sales processes. Recaptured the 3% of revenues which were being lost due to billing errors. Reduced percentage of bad debt losses by 92% and almost doubled percentage of on-time receivables, increasing bottom-line profit.
2005 - 2009
University of Colorado at Denver
Beta Gamma Sigma, Outstanding MBA Student for Spring 2009 (valedictorian).
1985 - 1988
Magna cum laude. Finished degree in three years.