United States Navy 2001 to 2005
US Navy Surface Warfare Officer
USS Robert G. Bradley (Mayport, FL) 2004 to 2005
Supervised and lead the training of all navigation evolutions, and ran the ship's administrative division.
- Provided safe navigation of the ship on its Eastern Pacific Deployment that included passage through the Panama Canal and visits into 7 foreign ports.
- Hand selected by the Commanding Officer to lead the ship through Navigation Certification during intensive inspection cycle.
- Acted as a critical strategist in mission planning during deployment in support of the war on NARCO-Terrorism.
- Spearheaded the recovery of 5.5 tons of cocaine at sea after witnessing an explosion of a vessel. Alerted Command as Officer of the Deck, and guided the ship to station where ship's company salvaged wreckage.
- Mentored 6 Quartermasters, of which 4 advanced to 3rd Class.
- Managed, and was responsible for the performance and disciplinary actions of 11 personnel.
USS Lake Erie (CG70) (Pearl Harbor, HI) 2001 to 2003
Main Propulsion Officer / Electrical Officer
Supported the ship's mission as the platform for Theatre Ballistic Missile Defense and SM-3 missile Testing.
- Lead division through INSURV inspection receiving the best score of a cruiser in 5 years.
- Selected to act as Liaison Officer for visiting Australian ship. Planned and coordinated events.
- Qualified as Officer of the Deck at sea and received Surface Warfare Qualification.
- Oversaw the qualification of the Electrical Safety Program that included organizing all personnel, electrical devices, and ensured the CPR qualification of 1/3 of the crew.