Dynamic and results-oriented Regional Purchasing Manager, acting as a Regional Director. More than 12 years of fast-track outstanding achievements in multi million dollars procurement operation at two multinational automotive companies (General Motors, Fiat), plus one of the largest autoparts producer (Lear Corporation). Participation on several regional & overseas negotiations. Mechanical Engineer Bachelor and Finance Management Post-graduation, complemented by advanced English and Italian languages knowledge.
Jun 2009 - Present
Regional Commodity Manager
Oct 2004 - Mar 2009
Regional Purchasing Manager
- Current and future business leadership over regional supply base, acting as a Regional Purchasing Manager for the LAAM region (Latin America, Africa and Middle East) during the last 4 years, managing US$ 1 B/year budget;
- Several technical and commercial cost reduction proposals implemented, resulting a net performance of more than US$ 20M during the last 3 years (equivalent of more than 1% annual saving);
- Alternative players introduction within the regional traditional supply base (low cost country suppliers): Samsung Korea (plastic resins), GiTi/Maxiss China (tires), Fuyao China (Glasses) e Ningbo Swell China (chromed parts and emblems).
- Multi-national & multi-cultural leadership experience: 26 buyers from 7 different countries as direct reports;
- Complex supply base management background: more than 400 different suppliers from several countries;
- Strong experience working at global matrix organization on a multi-report structure: double report to Regional Purchasing VP and Global Executive Director;
- International experience acquired during several businesses trips: USA, Germany, China, S. Africa, Egypt, Argentina, Venezuela & Colombia;
- Cross-functional background obtained by supporting Supply Chain, Supplier Quality & Logistic Departments on operational issues;
- Unique conflict management experience developed during former GM/FIAT joint venture;
Jun 2002 - Sep 2004
- Negotiation strategies development for GM/FIAT LAAM exhaust systems including: exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters and resonators: US$ 100M APV;
- Technical and commercial cost reduction implemented (mainly related to PGM load at cat cons), combined with right size supply base strategy, generating more than US$ 7M savings during the period. Best buyer performance during 2003 and 2004 at the Metallic team.;
- Metallic Commodity at GM FIAT WWP budget management. Direct report to Regional Director and FIAT Top Sider.
Jan 1999 - May 2002
- Negotiation strategies development for the following commodities: iron & aluminum castings, machined parts, bearings and clutches. US$ 40M APV;
- Alternative suppliers developed for castings (Sturam Argentina), bearings (SKF Italy) and clutches (Valeo Brazil), being able to enhance competitiveness;
- FIAT Powertrain commodity budget management activities.
Nov 1996 - Dec 1998
- Indirect material purchasing operation for several items related to industrial maintenance and IT (hardware, software and outsourcing contracts).
Mar 1996 - Nov 1996
Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineer
Emem Engenharia Mecanica e Estruturas Metalicas
- Coordination rule at a Metallic Structures Manufacturing Facility;
- Responsable for 4 working teams, total of 120 employees, including 8 supervisors as direct reports;
- Technical expert for welding and assembly process.
Aug 1992 - Mar 1996
- Participation on 4 different Civil Engineering Construction Sites accross Brazil countryside;
- Heavy duty construction equipments maintenance (tractors & trucks). 90 employees and 6 supervisors as direct reports;
- Operational management of Asphalt and Grinding Manufacturing cells. 20 employees and 2 supervisors as direct reports.