Le Monde Interactif
Managed all operations and reported directly to the Board of Le Monde’s online affiliate (owned 66% by Le Monde, 34% by Lagardère), publishing the leading news website in French, lemonde.fr, with an advertising-plus-subscription business model.
• Oversaw all strategy, including business model design, web/print media synergy, and mobile strategy;
• Executed all initiatives, including new product launches, content optimization, editorial organization and technical platform choices; and
• Managed P&L consisting of 65 employees with €7.5M annual overhead and €1M capex budget.
• 5M monthly uniques (15% reach in France);
• 40M visits, 110M page views;
• 92K paying subscribers;
• 65 person company, including multimedia newsroom, marketing, and technical teams;
• Operationally integrated advertising subsidiary.
• Launched revolutionary participatory news website Le Post (www.lepost.fr) in 2007 (1.1M monthly uniques in less than 1year)