Alstom Transport (UK) French based multinational Company specialising in railway engineering and power generation.
CTRL Project (ACT JV)Ongoing administration and accountancy support for a newly commissioned project running the Channel Tunnel Rail Link with a capital cost of £800m.
- Project Accountant reporting to the Finance Manager and leading a team of four qualified and unqualified staff delivering day to day financial management of the Project.
- Produced the monthly and yearly management accounts including cash-flow projections
- Adhoc financial reports as required by the Corporate Office.
- Liaised with HR and external providers to ensure integrity of payroll totalling £500k pa
- Used computerised systems for financial management, Intranet Reporting (CARAT) and Lotus Notes
- Ensured adherence to strict Internal and Statutory financial controls
- Managed relationships with HM Revenue and Customs to ensure compliance with statutory reports e.g. CIS & VAT.
- Made significant contribution to achievement of budgetary and timescale targets in Sales, COS, Gross Margin, Overhead and Working Capital in accordance to laid down company objectives.
- Liaised with external auditors and prepared the Statutory Accounts in compliance with IFRSfinancial standards.