Football and rugby both watching and playing; reading and current affairs; family life, Golf, Instrumental music, travelling
Successful Finance Manager, well qualified and experienced in Accountancy and financial administration.Commercially aware and profit focussed, skilled in business infrastructure planning.Specialist knowledge of SAP configuration and its practical application in strategic planning of enterprise resources has been gained by recent intensive study.
Able to relate well to people at all levels with International experience and good understanding of differing business cultures.A well respected team leader with a reputation for leading from the front. Equally happy whether working alone or as part of a successful management team.Used to reporting at senior level within market leading organisations.
Jul 2005 - Aug 2008
Alstom Transport (UK) French based multinational Company specialising in railway engineering and power generation.
CTRL Project (ACT JV)Ongoing administration and accountancy support for a newly commissioned project running the Channel Tunnel Rail Link with a capital cost of £800m.
- Project Accountant reporting to the Finance Manager and leading a team of four qualified and unqualified staff delivering day to day financial management of the Project.
- Produced the monthly and yearly management accounts including cash-flow projections
- Adhoc financial reports as required by the Corporate Office.
- Liaised with HR and external providers to ensure integrity of payroll totalling £500k pa
- Used computerised systems for financial management, Intranet Reporting (CARAT) and Lotus Notes
- Ensured adherence to strict Internal and Statutory financial controls
- Managed relationships with HM Revenue and Customs to ensure compliance with statutory reports e.g. CIS & VAT.
- Made significant contribution to achievement of budgetary and timescale targets in Sales, COS, Gross Margin, Overhead and Working Capital in accordance to laid down company objectives.
- Liaised with external auditors and prepared the Statutory Accounts in compliance with IFRSfinancial standards.
Jul 2000 - May 2005
Just Lawson Ltd
Just Lawson Ltd (UK) specialists in training of railway personnel, estate management and security services
- Financial Accountant reporting to Managing Director leading a team of three staff managing all day to day financial administration and regular reporting processes
- Managed all day to day financial management of all aspects of the company with a £5mannual turnover and control of cash, receivables, and payables and maintain accounting and other record
- Responsibilities included preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance analysis
- Upgraded analysis of the various profit centres to improve overall efficiency