Oversee all marketing and communications functions in only communications role in organization, which expands into four northwestern Pennsylvania counties.Write marketing plan, publication schedule, and advertising plan.Build relationships with media and printer.Manage volunteer Public Relations Committee, Ways & Means Committee, Kegs & Corks Committee (event planning), Community Relations Committee, Fundraising Committee (internal), and serve on several other committees. Overseeing the 100th Anniversary Committee and planning all sponsorships, events, and activities to commemorate this milestone. Create all agency publications, including internal newsletter distributed every other week to 425 employees, external newsletter sent quarterly to 3,600 households and businesses, client family newsletter sent biannually to 250 households, annual report, event invitations and program books, and news releases, among others.Responsible for re-design launch of Web site and all content updates utilizing Drupul management system.Collaborate with Partnership Erie (Web site host) to design an online community/forum for parent-to-parent and direct support professional-to-direct support professional support and conversations.Coordinate agency events, including Agency Picnic, Annual Dinner, Spring Swing, and the initiation of annual Kegs & Corks.
- Developed agency branding guidebook with graphic and editorial standards
- Designed annual communications plan, with newly researched advertising options, clearly defined target audiences and media goals, and an annual implementation schedule
- Identified the need for and wrote an agency crisis communications plan
- Successfully worked with Erie Times-News on getting a feature story in the newspaper within first two months of hire
- Increased in-kind publicity/support for annual signature fundraising event through effective relationship building
- Launched an online social media campaign, including a Facebook fan page and Twitter account