Senior Software Engineer; UI Warlord; Problem Solver
UI lead for the Lotus Connections development team, serving as the UI development subject matter expert across all eight of the Lotus Connections applications.
- Choreographed the efforts of 13 UI engineers, in 3 countries, working on a family of 8 applications, to insure that the product's design points are consistently applied and implemented.
- Developed, refined and maintained the UI Java / JSP code that is common to all services.
- Regularly harmonized with the user experience and visual design teams to assess which features were possible in the release cycle, and to come up with creative ways to implement their designs.
- Lead the product-wide effort to improve the performance of all of 8 applications.
- Crafted a performance improvement strategy which uses open source and originally developed libraries along with current best practices.
- Delivered an implementation of the strategy which has lead to a nearly four-fold performance increase in the reference application.