Project Manager - Die Casting
Honda of Canada Mfg. - Die Casting and Machining Department
Provided technical direction, formulation of design alternatives, and assessment of technical risks.Headed cross-functional product development teams composed of 8-10 members from engineering, purchasing, manufacturing engineering, cost accounting and quality assurance divisions. Charged with product design, technical analysis and mechanical architecture layout, ensuring adherence to project timelines and product requirements while maintaining quality. Performed risk assessments to reduce any potential risk to equipment and personnel and reduce cost in equipment design stage.
- Selected as a member of a high performance team of engineers from Japan and United States to deploy Honda of Canada Mfg. - Engine Manufacturing Division. Total project valued at US $400 million.
- Lead Project Manager for Heat Treat System Installation encompassing 11 robotic cells. Total project budget US $15 Million.
- Supervised and Coordinated multiple suppliers and round the clock construction crews to ensure equipment installation was completed on time and within budget.
- Realized cost savings of US $550,000/year by implementing automatic 2D part tracking system to eliminate quality outflow from improper processing of parts and maintaining FIFO inventory control.
- Developed the architecture and implemented automatic Quality Collection Systems throughout the Die Cast and Machining Department.
- Designed and implemented automatic downtime data collection system to streamline equipment efficiency improvements.
- Enhanced management effectiveness by developing automatic daily shift reports detailing production results to ascertain gaps and develop future business strategies.
- Designed machine guarded robotic cells in compliance with CSA standards and RIA standards to ensure safe operating environments for production and maintenance.