Fiona Fernandes is a freelance graphic designer in New York City. She has a Bachelor of Technology in Communication Design from the New York City College of Technology. Fernandes has produced graphic designs for the Metropolitan Transit Authority and the Youth Channel a division of Manhattan Neighborhood Network, among others. She is NCCLP's Print and Design Coordinator.
National Coalition of Concerned Legal Professionals (NCCLP) August 2009 - Currently
Assistant to Operations Manager
Print and Design Coordinator
on NCCLP Board of Directors
- Designing graphics such as posters, leaflets, and working on the Verdict publication.
- Taking part in literature tables, business canvas, printer canvas, scanning, and answering calls.
- Teaching basic Photoshop and Illustrator and Quark Xpress
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) April 2008 – February 2011
- Crewed for such shows as Checkerboard Kids, Chess Now, The Jose show, Manifest 4TV, Mental Health Update and The Respect show.
- Setup equipment, digital video camera, switcher, graphics, and robotic camera.
The Jose Show June 2009 - February 2010
Youth Channel / MNN
Assistant / intern
- Designing graphics such as business cards, posters, and etc.
- Used a handheld video camera (PD170 & PD150).
Division of Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) January 2009 – June 2009
Y.M.I.C. (Youth Media Impacting Communities) program, Youth Channel
- Digital video camera and storyboard.
- Video editing using Final Cut Pro and animation.
Troma Entertainment May 2008 - July 2008
- Created various forms of film art DVD covers, posters, sleeves, client sell-sheets, and banners for website.
MTA New York City Transit
Brooklyn, New YorkOctober 2006 – May 2007
Video Production (Imagineering Group): HR/ Employee Development
Graphic Design Intern
- Multitasking various projects, Graphics Design, Retouching Photographs, Scanning, Retouching PowerPoint Presentations, Dubbing various mediums, Designing Labels, Creating Charts using Visio, Handling Digital Cameras and Video Cameras, Setting up equipment
MTA New York City Transit February 2007 – May 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Video Production (Imagineering Group): EVP: HR/ Employee Development
New York City College of Technology
Senior Project: Designing a Corporate Identity for Client
- Video Production: with a innovative new look through logo, stationery, posters, and t-shirts
New York City College of Technology September 2006 – December 2006
Design Team: Paid Representative: Course Work with Assigned Clients
- Team Representative Fall 2006 worked with several clients.
- Designing Posters, logos, stationery, and signage.
- Working in teams and on my own.
New York City College of Technology
Advanced Web Strategies: Course Work with Assigned Clients February 2006 – June 2006
- Spring 2006 IA worked scheduling meetings to collect data for site.
Bachelor of Technology(BTech)
South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation: May 2011 – July 2011
Environmental Workforce Training Services
- Career Readiness Program
- Roots Environmental Literacy
- Certified inOccupational Safety and Health Administration 10 hour (OSHA-10)
- Association of Energy Affordability
- Certified asEnergy Efficiency Technician I
- Hostos Community College Industry Skills
- Certified in 30 Hours of Plumbing & Electric for Green Jobs
Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc.(HITN):March 2011
Career Fast Track
- National Work Readiness Credential
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN): August 2008 - June 2009
- Certified as a Independent Producer
- Certified in the Control Room
- Certified using the Digital Studio Camera
- Certified using the handheld video camera (PD170 & PD150)
- video editing.
- Hardware - PC and Mac computers and scanners
- Software - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Quark Xpress, and Visio
- Basic Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro
- Photo Retouching, Printing, and Website Design
- Experienced in PC and Mac