Senior executive with an extensive track record as CEO, Operations Director and MD leading organisations where a clear focus and leadership have been necessary to develop the business. An operational and hands on management style, driving organisational and cultural change to achieve the expected financial performance. With a proven ability of leading internal change as well as outsourcing and relocation of manufacturing to low cost countries. Experience also includes turn around management of companies in financial distress and introducing start ups on the stock market.
2006 - 2009
Clear Edge Sweden AB
The company develops, manufactures and sells advanced filter fabrics to industrial companies in the pulp, mining, waste water treatment and energy sector.
Restructured the business with a focus on key activities and productivity.
· Lowered cost by moving labour intensive jobs to Poland, this included building a new factory as well as employing and educating staff. Annual saving 0,6 M€.
· Increased production output with 70% from 35 000 sqm to 60 000 sqm per month.
2004 - 2006
Manufacturer of systems that utilise electronics, fibre optics, cabling and cable harnesses sold to leading industrial companies such as ABB, BT Products. HQ in Sweden and manufacturing in Poland.
· Close cooperation with key customers to improve overall performance.
· Improved delivery and quality performance. Supplier of the year to BT Products and ABB Automation Products in 2005.
· Started continuous improvement program in Polish manufacturing site.
2000 - 2003
UK listed company that develops, manufactures and sells specialised printheads to the graphics and industrial printing markets.
· Developed and implemented new business strategy for the company as a high tech manufacturing company, shifting focus from development to production and sales.
· Improved the core business of manufacturing and selling printheads from a loss making position of -£3M in 2000 to a profit of £1M in 2002. Increased sales from £16M to £29M.
1999 - 2000
Managed all development and manufacturing activities both in the UK and Sweden (previously Modular Ink Technology AB, see below).
· Integrated both facilities to best use synergies and respectively strengths.
· Negotiated and signed a strategic development program with Agfa, generating a continued annual income of around £1M.
1997 - 1999
Modular Ink Technology AB
The company develops, manufactures and sells specialised printheads to the graphics and industrial printing markets under license from Xaar plc.
The main task was to take the business from its research phase to commercialisation of the technology in the market. The company was sold to Xaar plc in 1999.
· Improved performance from a loss making position with to a profitable position generating cash.
· Achieved sales increase of 175%, SEK 50M (£3,8M) in 1997 to SEK 130M (£10M) in 1999
· Found new owners and negotiated terms and conditions for the sale to Xaar plc in 1999.
1988 - 1997
VP Technical Operations
Develops, manufactures and sells advanced systems for biomolecular interaction analysis to the pharmaceutical and biotech markets.
Led both R&D and Manufacturing and was part of the company’s executive team.
· Key member of the team taking Biacore public. Listed successfully on both NASDAQ and the Stockholm Stock Exchange in 1996.
· Broadened the product range with 2 new instrument systems and several new consumables. Sales grew from SEK 155M (£12M) in 1994 to SEK 267M (£21M) in 1997.
· Started patent litigation process against competitor, won by Biacore in 1999.
1983 - 1988
Project Manager/Process Engineer
Project manager for a multi million dollar project to set up a turn key semiconductor plant for thyristor production in Beijing, China.
Manager of process engineering semiconductor department.