Veterans Health AdministrationESS (Enterprise Support Solution)
- ESS is a Remedy enterprise support solution for the Veterans Health Administration that connected all of the support team in the US together and integrate to all of their current support tools: Remedy Web, Apropos Telephony application, NetIQ, Crystal Reports, Telamon paging server, Crystal Reports, Internally written applications and Applications that we are writing, using the Remedy API, to support various functions of the VA business.
- Pre-Development Phase: I designed and developed a demonstration support application and traveled to 20 VA locations to give a presentation to various VA representatives, highlighting the strengths of Remedy and how we planned to use those strengths to integrate Remedy into their current business practices, before requirements gathering could begin.
- Analysis Phase: Our requirements gathering sessions for the ESS system were eight one-week sessions where we met with representatives from different functional groups. Since some of the teams had never worked together before it was necessary to use many different techniques and tools to keep the teams communicating and open to each others ideas.
- Development Phase: As lead developer it is my responsibility to manage task assignment, initiate a schedule that fosters team communication, publish development conventions (i.e. naming conventions, object id’s, documentation styles) and also guide the overall development process to use concepts like data driven functionality, proper development for easy system migration, system performance and smooth interaction between functionality developed by different people.
United States Post Office
- Integrated Crystal Reports with the Impact Innovations USPS Call center Remedy system for reporting purposes.
- Integrated the USPS system with an IVR/ACD telephony server called Enterprise Interaction Center (EIC) from Interactive Intelligence.
- Developed and demonstrated a Remedy to Filenet integration at the Impact Innovations Group booth at RUG2000.
National Defense University
- Integrated Microsoft Access 97 with the NDU Remedy system for reporting purposes.