To obtain a position that I can apply my writing skills, creativity, and strong work ethic in a professional setting.
For over four years I have worked in the healthcare industry providing supports for adults with developmental disabilities. In this fast paced environment I have learned valuable problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, time management, and supervisory experience. I developed and utilized my creative skills to coordinate activities for clients and employees.
Before that I worked for a number of years in both retail and service industries receiving extensive training in customer service and sales. Through my internship with Walt Disney World Company I trained in Disney’s guest service Merchantainment program. As a leader in guest service around the world, Disney offered the chance to provide guest services to international guests on a daily basis.
I would like to take the skills I have acquired through work experience and education to further my career in public relations. I have a passion for being creative, writing, and event planning and would like to find a career that incorporates these skills.
Aug 2003 - Present
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Expected graduation date of May 2011.
- Major in Public Relations.
- Minor in Marketing.
Sep 2006 - Present
- Overnight supervision of adults with developmental disabilities.
- Trained in CPR and first-aid skills.
Responsive Solutions, Inc. provides support staff to organize, maintain and operate the Sound Response, CRISIS Response and the Adaptation & Modification programs that have been developed at the Waisman Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
May 2005 - Present
- Assist adults with developmental disabilities integrate in the community.
- Design activities and daily schedules based on each client's specific interest.
- Provide opportunities for clients to develop interpersonal skills within the community.
Mar 2006 - Sep 2008
Service Coordinator Supervisor
- Managing, creating, and supervising vocational programs for adults with developmental disabilities and employees.
- Made decisive decisions daily regarding client safety, vocational concerns, and client schedules.
- Played a key role in implementing new programs to assist a client with behaviors transition from an institution into a member of the community.
Jun 2004 - Jan 2005
College Program Intern
- Trained in Disney's Merchantainment Program.
- One of four college interns selected to work at the 2004 Walt Disney World Leadership Convention.
- Provided guest service to international guests on a daily basis.