Team Leader Infrastructure BI Team (from Apr 2004 to Aug 2006)
Scope: Build and lead a BI Cognos Infrastructure team in Brussels.
- Actively worked on the centralization of Cognos platforms from countries into the Brussels regional center.
- Coordinated and actively worked on Cognos software upgrades, Cognos infrastructure support to countries and development teams, Cognos accounts management (including SOP and SLA for accounts administration, licenses management, analysis of implementation of central LDAP for Cognos accounts management at Merck).
- Managed Cognos regulated documents and processes such as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Installation Qualification / Operation Qualification (IQ/OQ) and change requests.
- Managed the workload, training and performance of 2 resources, conducted selection process for team resources.
- Managed Cognos licenses for EMEA customers.
- Outside the team scope, coordinated Quarterly Infrastructure Maintenance for the system within the EMEA scope.
Scope: Manage Oracle databases from EMEA
- Support Oracle databases form a day to day operation perspective.
- Performed Oracle database upgrades, application implementation and upgrades in the Oracle environment.
- Participated in migration projects of Oracle databases from EMEA countries to the regional center.
- Dedicated Oracle DBA for the PeopleSoft application. Actively worked with the development team to perform the upgrade of the PeopleSoft application to version 8 (web enabled). Installed and managed several test and the production environments. Worked to build the quality procedures and documents for these environments.
- Point of contact for the Oracle infrastructure team for Audit related items (including creation of regulatory documentation and internal audits) for the manufacturing division.