Woodford Tools Ltd
Independent Supplier, member of the THS Group, specialized in the retail and supply of engineering tools and industrial consumables to the Aerospace, Construction, Engineering, Motor and HEI industries.
Reporting directly to the MD, I look after the overall business operation for every single department (Accounts, Marketing, Internal Sales, Business Development, Logistic) developing and implementing process aligned to the corporate goals.
- Successfully implemented processes (to ISO 9001 standards) across the company end to end value chain.
- Developed and implemented new processes in our goods-in; purchase order, invoice reconciliation, credit control, and electronic invoice factoring processes to manage £750k worth of purchases and subsequent goods in and out per year. We have increased our delivery efficiency to 98.9% and reduce our workload by 27 man/hour per week.
- Used my IT project management and software development skills to liaise with our stock and sales control system (Backoffice System) developer to adjust the system to our required specifications.
- Produce and analyse reports extracting data from our Backoffice system into Excel to measure company performance.
- Managing our ISO14001 EMS as well as our H&S policies.
- Successfully (yet extremely challenging) merged a new acquired company, LE Hyde (Industrial Supplies) Ltd., to the the firm's operations and culture.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the company's Bank Managers, T1 customers (CFO and CEOs) and suppliers (to improve our payment terms).
- Target and segment market. In an hyper-competitive market we identified our USPs and established product differentiation, pricing strategy and overall positioning in the market.Successfully 'bottled' and marketed our Online Consignment Stock Solution which has now been implemented in two tier 1 customers.
- Successfully developed our "Total Acquisition Cost" concept.
- Developed new corporate website: www.woodfordtools.co.uk.
- Created our Facebook and Twitter presence.
- Produced Power Point presentations and case study materials to approach existing and new customers.
- Working together with the MD and the Accountant we devised a 24 months sales strategy.
- I Successfully negotiated and secured a 3 year contract with Lufthansa for £1.5M (£500K per year).
- Produce and analyse customers sales and profitability reports from SAGE and imported to Excel.
- Currently opening relationships with British Airways and Gulfstream.
- Currently working on the development of a transactional website to increase e-commerce revenues.