Making strategy work is more difficult than the task of strategy making
An award-winning sales executive with rare strategic planning and execution expertise combined with a proven ability to successfully lead people and business units to their next level, I have been characterized as an engaging business leader, outstanding communicator and relationship builder with a broad skill set crafted from a wide range of industries and diverse organizational settings.
My mandates have included building national sales teams and multi-location business units; leading signficant growth initiatives, large scale corporate reorganizations and turnarounds within the Canadian banking, mutual fund, wealth management, capital markets securities, mortgage, and retail health & wellness industries.
I have recently turned my attention to helping organizations and specific business units improve their performance, primarily through the analysis of existing business problems and development and execution of plans for improvement.
Execution represents a disciplined process or a logical set of connected activities that enables an organization to take a strategy and make it work. Without a careful, planned approach to execution, strategic goals cannot be attained. Developing such a logical approach, however, represents a formidable challenge to management.
Organizations call me when they have something pressing on their minds. Whether it is a strategic or operational need or an organizational challenge, they look to me to provide honest, objective, thoughtful, and experienced advice. I do this by using these core principles:
- Find and solve the most critical and challenging problems.
- Use a fact-based view of a client's performance - facts provide clarity, align people and support credible recommendations.
- Leverage an extensive network to impart external expertise ensuring the right solutions.
- Partner directly with leaders who can accept recommendations and have the ability to implement them.
- Build client capabilities to sustain improvement.
- Getting to the real issues and building internal support helps reach practical recommendations where employees can be fully participate in the process and skillfully lead the work after I have left the project.
Large Corporate Experience Highlights:
- Lead record franchise growth at one of North America's largest and fastest growing companies in the exploding health & wellness industry.
- Early stage development of an award-winning premier private client wealth management account platform.
- Full integration of an investment and financial planning high-net-worth client value proposition within a complex distribution matrix of Retail, Small Business and Private Banking segments at two of Canada's leading chartered banks.
- National Operations reorganization impacting 600+ financial services professionals in multiple locations across Canada.
- Launched multi-lingual 130-seat global Call Centre
Small Business Experience Highlights:
- Start-up boutique Financial Services Advisory firm promoting strategy execution and product due diligence, development and distribution within the global marketplace.
- Start-up revolutionary Internet website exclusively for Automotive Dealers allowing them to increase sales, turnover & refresh inventory while providing the most transparent system for Dealers to network and create winning solutions for all sectors of today's Automotive consumer market.
- Investment Advisory firm repositioned for growth and portfolio acquisition.