I find that I spend such a large part of my off time using personal media for news and to track my own personal. I look forward to helping other individuals and companies see the infinite opportunities online or better yet create their own niche in this fast changing electronic world.
I am a seasoned expert in information systems industry and I conduct the very best interviews while providing constructive objective feedback that allows me to assess the skills of active job seekers.
Jun 2000Jul 2003
United States Air Force
Provided inpatient and Outpatient care for servicemen dependents under the age of 18 at Fort Bragg as borrowed military and Pope AFB, 43rd MDG Family Practice Clinic.
Regional Chief Medical Infomation Officer
- I will champion and provide leadership for the on-going development, advancement and optimization of clinical systems and technology that impact patient safety & quality of care throughout the region. In conjunction with Regional Chief Information Officer(RCIO) and Regional Clinical Informatics Manager(RCIM), as the Regional CMIO. The following are my current duties:
- Develop understanding of physician needs and build relationships with physicians to assure widespread acceptance, adoption and meaningful use of clinical information systems.
- Assists in the development of strategic and tactical plans for clinical information systems. Work with clinical information teams on translating these trends into designing, building and implementing enhancements to the current system to align with national IT initiatives, Corporate IT strategies and goals. Leads and facilitates physician and clinician advisory groups in the design and enhancement of clinical information systems.
- Work with the CMIO and Chief Medical Officer in deploying standardized evidence based medicine corporate content and ensures adoption of best practices.
- Lead system-wide effort to improve patient safety, promote cultural change and develop metrics to track safety as a system-wide priority.
- Initiate and oversee the development of a comprehensive quality/performance improvement program utilizing processes to disseminate best practices from within and without the system.
Nov 2013May 2014
- Physician Strategist 3 rd Party contractor to provide Cerner assistance to CHS(Community Health Systems) newly acquired facilities Cleveland Skyridge TN and Petersburg Southside VA.
- Provide expert knowledge of the full scope of physician based solutions.
- Lead physician strategy discussions, solution demonstrations, assists in education and conversion support, and physician adoption and optimization.
Jan 2013Sep 2013
Physician Inpatient Consultant
CERNER Millennium, Clinovations
- Participated in the activation CPOE in FirstNet, Surginet, and Powerchart for Medstar Union Memorial, Franklin Square, Washington Hospital and Georgetown University Hospital. Participated in the activation of CPOE in Powerchart Broward Health. duties included provide content, review, and revise Powerplans.
- Participated in provider training Broward Health. With the rest of my team, I helped to manage open issues, remediation testing, and options for problem resolution.
- Determined scope and resolution of problems and ensure customer/partners have appropriate updates. Provided at the elbow support for physicians, residents and mid‐ level providers. Analyzed area specific assessments, care plans, flow sheets and made time sensitive recommendations for adjustment(for OB, NICU, Pediatrics).
- Workflow analysis and integration and optimization of the use of Cerner interfaces to deliver patient care efficiently and safely.
- Provided key demonstrations of best practices to the hospital physicians and key support staff. CERNER Millennium End User/Expert(May 2005-Present) Locations: Children's Medical Dallas, Herman Memorial at the Woodlands, Christus St. Vincent's, Carolinas Health System. Modules used: Powerchart, FirstNet, Surginet, Maternity, Dynamic Documentation, Powernote, and Ambulatory. I also have a working knowledge of PharmNet, RadNet, and LabNet.
Meditech End User and Clinician
Senior Physician Consultant
Santa Rosa Consulting
Pediatric Hospitalist and Pediatric Generalist
Multiple, Available upon request
Jan 2003Dec 2003
UT College of Business
Physician Executive MBA
Aug 1993May 1997
University of Florida College of Medicine
Aug 1989May 1993
Mary Washington College University of Mary Washington
Computerized Physician Order Entry
Academic Medical Center
My mind is constantly going thinking about everything around me. I have so many interests and I want to go everywhere and experience everything all at once. Until we master cloning or tele-portation, that is not feasible. I keep focused by managing multiple projects simultaneously. This is key to my own sanity.