I got to install, administer and support virtualization infrastructure, base on the next technologies:
- Cluster of 4 VMware Hosts ESX Server 3.0 and the later upgrade to ver. 3.5, with the next features:
- Virtual Center Management Server
- Virtual Infrastructure Client
- VMware HA
- VMware DRS
- 20 Virtual Servers
- Storage managing base on SAN-EMC (CX3-20) with starting capacity of 300GB and the later upgrade to 600GB. (Configuration performed by external provider)
I got to install, manage and support the Remote Access Service to the company´s applications, base on the next infrastructure:
- Farm of 6 Citrix Presentation Servers 4.0
- 50 access nodes with ThinClients WYSE
- Remote Access by Internet and WebInterface
- More than 20 different published applications:
- Lotus Notes
- Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Publisher,etc)
- Adobe (Standard & Reader)
- Windows Desktops and its applications (Desktop, WinExplorer, Pain, Calc, etc.)
- Accessories (FastStoneCapture, Snagit, CutePDF, etc)
- Administrative Applications: Nomiplus, NOI, ImmexSoft, OpenOffice (Win), etc.
- Others: AutoCad, MiniTab
Windows Servers 2003
I got a successful installation and support of the next Windows Servers roles:
- DHCP Server, with dynamic and static allocation of IP addressing for 6 subnets (VLANs)
- Office PCs
- Production area PCs
- Communication Equipment
- Wireless Equipment
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY (Subdomain per country MX)
- POLICIES (GPOs)
- Printer Setup
- Restrictions to XP Desktops
- Password policies
- FILE & PRINT
- Terminal Services
- IIS (WebPage and FTP)
E-Mail - Lotus Domino Server
I got to solve more than 500 helpdesk tickets generated by end users, as well as the management of the next level support for colleagues in KUSA and KAG.
- 1 Lotus Domino Server 7.
- Administration of email accounts.
- Administration of applications base on Lotus. (DB of Quality, HelpDesk, Production Records, etc.)
- Installing, Configuring and Supporting more than 300 Lotus Notes 7 clients
- Administering and Supporting Antispam Barracuda Firewall appliance.
Network and Communications
LAN: I successful resolved more than 500 incidents and requirements generated by about 600 users. All this about a LAN infrastructure of more than 300 host including: PCs, Laptops, Printers, Konica Multifunctional Equipment , Dell Servers, Cisco Switches 3750, etc.
WAN: Direct and successful participation in the local and international IT team (MX-USA-GERMANY-CHINA y CZECH REPUBLIC), to get to provide 97% of WAN connection availability, through the installation and management of the next technologies:
- 2 Internet lines of 2Mb (one physical and microwaves for redundancy).
- Setup of VPNs to the International Business Units through NOKIA and Symantec equipment.
- QOS implementation base on PACKETEER equipment.
- AntiSpam solution with BARRACUDA Firewall
WIRELESS: I was involved in the installation and later administration of the Wireless Network base on Symbol technology, including:
- Setup of 16 AP300 Wireless Access Ports
- Configuration of 2 WS5100 Wireless Switch
Disaster Recovery Plan
I got a successful implementation and later administration of the Disaster Recovery Plan required by the Global Company. This solution included:
- Requirement Analysis.
- Evaluation of the main products in the market: Acronis and Symantec.
- Implementation of the chosen solution, base on Acronis Server, in order to create automatic images of the main servers.
I got to solve and document:
- More than 600 Helpdesk tickets from end users, related with all the above IT infrastructure described before. All this onsite and remotely.
- 100% of the support cases reported by phone, during the out time support, All this onsite and remotely.
I got to realize the next assigned task:
- Management of the Backups and Restores activities, base on Symantec Veritas Backup Exec v.10 and Tape Library Quantum-M1500 operation.
- Implementing and Supporting of Time and Attendance System, through NomiPlus TA Software and FingerPrint devices (VStation of Byometrics).