My objective is to secure a position in the field of Technical Marketing or Product Management with a company that has a need in which my varied skills in new product releases and technical documentation can provide a mutually beneficial work relationship.
With over thirteen years in the fields of Sales and Marketing, I have had the opportunity to work in a number of fields that have contributed to my vast expertise. From my beginning in Sales for a small map printer to my most recent experience for a manufacturer of enclosure systems, I bring a wide array of experience to any company.
For the past eight years, I have narrowed to the fields of Product Management and Technical Marketing. I have been on various new product release teams that have overseen the new product process from inception to release. My specialties include the creation of pricing as well as the creation of technical documentation.
I am a very motivated team player that can also work individually. I am very adept at multi-tasking and a very organized person, aware of deadlines and the ability to meet them consistently. I possess a great deal of integrity and an enormous amount of pride in my work.
I know that I can be a valuable asset to any company that makes me a member of their team as I bring experience, integrity, and a high ethical standard with me.
Sep 2007 - Mar 2009
Technical Marketing Associate
Middle Atlantic Products, Inc. is the premier manufacturer of engineered mounting solutions in the A/V industry. Their vast product line can be utilized in the Broadcast, Residential, Security and Structured Cabling industries. Their product line can be found housing A/V equipment in numerous sites all over the world, including the White House as well as many of the newest state of the art stadiums and arenas.
As the Technical Marketing Associate, I had numerous responsibilities that included, but were not limited to the following:
- I managed their expansive selection of technical documention
- I was in charge of creating and maintaining a library of specification sheets that were utilized by architects and engineers so that the product line could be included on building specs.
- I was responsible for maintaining the company's website as well as creating product pages for every new product released.
- During the creation of collateral materials for the sales department, I oversaw the inclusion of all technical data.
- I created and maintained Technical Marketing Procedures that were viewed for company-wide.
- I wrote the company's environmental policy.
- I maintained numerous online product databases, including InfoComm and D-Tools.
- I worked closely with software developer to maintain propietary enclosure system configurator, RackToolsÒ.
- I created e-mail blast campaigns highlighting our Technical Tools which targeted existing customers as well as consultants and architects.
- I created a series of online instructional videos forpropietary enclosure system configurator, RackToolsÒ.
- I worked closely with product management to create marketing programs for new product releases as well as enhancements to existing products.
Aug 2001 - Sep 2007
Silver Line Building Products is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in the United States. Their product line can is sold by distributors all over the country and is featured at The Home Depot under the American Craftsman brand.
My duties as a Product Manager included all of the following:
I managed all new product releases from concept until the product's release.
I worked directly with Vice President of Marketing on developing marketing strategy for all new product releases and respective price points.
I researched competitors’ product lines to determine new product market placement as well as price points for both new products as well as existing products.
In this role, I worked directly with product engineers on making improvements to existing products.
I served on the company's product council which determined which products which products to pursue and which to phase out.
I was responsible for creating and maintaining multi-media product price catalogs for three private labels within company.
I generated reports based on sales volume to determine the viability of product lines & to aid in the decision making process about whether or not to discontinue product lines.
I created & maintained database focusing on product performance and sales in comparison to competitors’ product lines.
I created and maintained electronic database of products to aid in the adaptation of the product line to fit customers’ needs.