Sr. Technical Architect
Target Corp India
Sr. Technical Architect at Target Corp India (Jan 06 to till date):
- First member of Target India .NET Technical team - was responsible for growing the team to current size of 200+ by interviewing, coaching, mentoring and training Team Members.
- As Sr. Technical Architect provided technical and thought leadership to Guest Pyramid of Target India.
- Member of Architecture Review Board for Guest Pyramid - Responsible for providing architecture guidance, best practices and reviewing architecture of different projects.
- Founding member of .NET Technology Leadership Team (TLT) and .NET COE - Responsible for advising EA on future .NET technology stack, creating and publishing best practices, guidelines, tools, frameworks, reusable components, methodologies and providing development consulting to project teams.
- Leading Delivery Assurance Team that provided process and technology assurance for delivery of code, unit test and design docs.
Red Rock/Red Rx (Pharmacy HealthCare Application)
Dec '06 - Till Date
Client: Target, US (Team size - 100 Target India, 150 Minneapolis, 50 - Wipro)
Role: Lead Technical Architect, Design Team Lead, Build and Release Manager
- Selection of software platform, tools, stack and hardware.
- Architecture, design and developing complex/common modules, Lead a team of Technical Architects
- Leading Development Assurance team (Provide S&G, Best Practices, Guidance, Advice, Reviewing Design docs, Reviewing Code/Unit Tests), Define and Implement Processes, Configuration & Release Management.
- Recruit, Train, Coach & Mentor Team Leads, Assoc. Tech Architects & Tech Architects
- .NET 3.5 (LINQ), WPF, WCF, .NET 3.0 and C# 3.0
- Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008), SQL Server 2005 & 2008, Expression Blend and Visio
- MS Enterprise Library 4.1, Unity and Policy Injection Application Block, AzMan and Blaze Advisor (BRE)
Description: RedRock application is developed for Target pharmacies that will address Target's need to operate and support a world-class pharmacy operation. This will replace the package solution called EPS (PDX) that's in use currently - will be used in 1200+ Target Stores by 10,000 users for maintaining 12,000,000+ patients' information along with related prescriber and prescriptions. It will support 600+ transactions per min in peak with 2,650+ concurrent users.
Assets Protection Application
Jan '06 - Dec '06
Client: Target, US (Corporate Systems Pyramid) (Team size - 20 offshore, 15 onsite)
Role: Technical Architect and Project Lead.
- Architecture, Design and Offshore Project management
- Provide Standard & Guideline and Best Practices.
- Recruit, Train, Coach and Mentor Team Leads and Associate Tech Architects.
Environment: .Net 2.0, ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2005, C#, ADO.NET, SQL Server 2005, TFS, MS Enterprise Application Library 2.0, VSTS for testing, TFS build
Description: Assets Protection is a web based application that helps in managing and maintaining assets, reporting theft and other related information. Allow to view different type of Assets Protection and Theft reports at various levels like Region, Group, District, Store and DC. Major Goals were -
- Making the look & feel and functionality of the forms & reports (web pages) consistent.
- Use proper design, architecture and coding standards.
- Reducing the development time by using common components & controls.