Director of Information Technology
One of the world’s largest internet and telephone retailer of floral and specialty gifts (www.ftd.com).
- Directed daily project and support activities of staff of 11 java (EJB, J2EE)/web (HTML, JSP) developers and business analysts, including third-party vendors and contractors.
- Increased application development and staff productivity while decreasing time-to-market for new consumer and business-oriented applications.
- Ensured project teams followed established SDLC procedures, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards, and performed Risk Analysis.
- Managed daily schedule of multiple, concurrent projects from conception to implementation.
- Develop project estimates and budgets, assist business leaders in defining project scope, requirements; manage development team and timelines; create testing strategy and deployment plans; responsible for vendor communication and scheduling.
- Communicate with major stakeholders, including senior management and QA teams, regarding project plans, budgets, timelines, and global IT strategy.
- Implemented major projects to decrease product shipping costs by 30% and increase product availability to consumers, resulting in less product waste and non-delivery costs.
- Perform staff mentoring, coaching, training, and evaluation; responsible for hiring; promotions, and salary recommendations.
- Improved application development build, release, and deploy schedules by 40% for 4 major software releases and numerous defect releases per year in a fast-paced development environment.