- Antibodies (ELISA, Western Blot)
- Cell Count
- Cell Culture - primary, mammalian, iPS
- Cell Viability (MTS) Assays
- Microscopy - Light, Fluorescent, Inverted Phase
- PCR, RT-PCR, and qPCR
- Tissue Dissection - mouse, chick embryo
- Dual Master's degrees in two challenging majors -- Biotechnology and Business.
- Disciplined and responsible with team management experience, project management experience and excellent customer service skills.
- Quick learner, eager to further both my science knowledge and skills.
Jun 2008 - Jul 2011
Double Master's Degree, Biotechnology & Business Administration
- Awarded the Extended Education Scholarship for 2008.
- Thesis: Stem Cell Derived Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Acute Myocardial Infarction - Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis.
- Graduated with Magna Cum Laude Honors.
Sep 2003 - Jun 2007
Bachelor of Science, Animal Science
- Student Assistant at the UCD Goat Barn Transgenic Goat Trial.
- Intern at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in radiation oncology.
- Research assistant in the Animal Science department.
May 2014 - Present
Research & Administrative Manager
I was hired primarily to oversee the extensive research library housed at Natren and to regularly review relevant scientific articles. I would then analyze and provide executive summaries to the team to help keep them abreast of changes in the scientific community that could potentially affect Natren's probitic products.
I also performed scientific substantiation of probiotic claims for US and Australian Market Entry. This included reviewing label claims, long and short form radio claims, and overseeing all materials produced by the marketing team.
I worked directly with the manager of E-Commerce to assist with topics, outlines and references for two monthly newsletters, four monthly blogs, and all other media outlets.
I permformed regular scientific research to prepare the company owner for her weekly radio interviews.
As a Project Manager I oversaw all marketing projects at a high-level, participated in holistic marketing meetings and worked directly with the marketing team to push projects to completion. At every weekly meeting I presented competitor collateral and industry news/trends. I also managed three clinical trial projects, keeping multiple teams of people, in multiple locations across the country, on track as these projects moved forward.
Jan 2012 - Dec 2013
Customer Service Manager, Marketing Assistant, Product Development Assistant
I was hired as a Customer Service Representative and my main responsibilities in this position included handling large volumes of inbound and outbound calls, chatting live with website visitors and responding to customer emails with the goal of maintaining complete customer satisfaction. After a short time I was promoted to Customer Service Manager and lead a team of representatives, located in multiple countries, through their daily duties and headed the customer solutions (complaints) department. I was the lead manager during major changes in our online platforms and assisted team members in understanding and adapting to changes in procedures, platforms and technologies.
I enjoyed working directly with the CEO and CMO to establish 'Plans of Action' for the customer service team. My flexibility and ability to multitask also lead to projects in Marketing and Product Development. My responsibilities in these departments included writing monthly press releases, collecting and processing information from sample orders into online databases and eventually into product details provided on the website. I also assisted in product placement on the website and made changes to the website according to current trends and seasons. During the company's relocation to Boise, Idaho I was able to work remotely from my home for 6 months and thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity to assist the company remotely.
Jun 2009 - Present
Office Assistant, Marketing Coordinator
- Assist in all aspects of marketing including social media, webpage design and maintenance.
- Coordinated the conversion from hand written forms to a computer based Point of Sale system.
- Complete monthly bill outs for all open accounts.
- This is a small, family-owned business and I continue to assist them with their website, social media and advertising needs as needed.
Feb 2008 - Apr 2011
Veterinary Technician, Receptionist, Email Marketing Coordinator
- Phlebotomy and intravenous catheter placement.
- Processing in house blood work and operating laboratory equipment.
- Creating monthly email newsletters and marketing campaigns.
Jul 2007 - Nov 2007
Veterinary Technician, Research Assistant
- Followed treatment protocols for all hospitalized patients.
- Assisted a team of six veterinarians in all aspects of a large and busy practice.
- Coordinated a saliva-glucose research study for an outside firm.
Jun 2007 - Jul 2007
- Weighed and measured feed according to specific research protocols for research animals.
- Assisted in daily exercise regimens of research animals.
- Collected, analyzed and reported research findings under supervision of lead researchers.
May 2005 - Jun 2007
Veterinary Assistant, Receptionist
Cat Clinic of Davis
- Administered subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- Pre-surgical patient preparation and anesthetic monitoring during surgery,
- Performed basic laboratory tests and developed radiographs.
Aug 2005 - Feb 2006
- Monitored patient vitals during radiation therapy treatments.
- Used computer mapping to develop three dimensional treatment protocols.
- Assisted in pre and post anesthetic care of patients.
- Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center - volunteer and foster parent, provide home care for dogs in need of shelter outside of the standard setting especially dogs with medical needs.
- Comprehensive College Coaching - 2 year volunteer, assist in teaching college preparation classes to high school students, designed and continue to maintain website, design regular email campaigns and maintain social media presence.
- Oak View Civic Council - 3 year member, served as Treasurer for 1 year. Awarded the "Dedicated Volunteer Award" in 2013.
- Ventura County U.C. Davis Alumni Association - 1 year member, served on the board interviewing incoming students for local scholarship opportunities.
- Feral Feline Organization - 4 year member, served as Treasurer, Webpage manager, Past Vice President & Public Relations, Fundraising Director and foster parent.
- Collegiate 4-H - 3 year member, served as Vice President, Secretary and Webpage designer.
- Mira Monte 4-H - 7 year member, served as president for 2 years.
Letter of Recommendation from Previous Employer - FiftyFlowers