Responsible to compile the consolidated management reports to BHP Billiton corporate, including variance analysis to facilitate high quality business and corporate reporting, the monthly forecasts, and annual/half year submissions (AUD and USD) to comply with the Joint Venture and Management Agreements
The role and achievements were:-
• Also responsible for AUD 140 Million CAPEX project per year by ensuring end to end project setup activities beginning with the initial project budget setup requirements, including monitoring the progress of projects, monthly forecast, investigating variances management report.
• Successfully implement 1SAP Fixed Asset process in Worsley. This was a major change for the Worsley operation as they was using a standalone version of SAP (non-standard with BHPB GSAP version) that was installed based on local needs. Following implementation, had resolved a number of systems issues that arose due to the complex Joint Venture Structure.
• Responsible of Efficiency and Growth expansion project (Installing new plant and also modifying existing plant - AUD 3.8 billion). This also involved componentising each asset and determining their accounting and tax useful life for depreciation
• Lead the impairment of USD 2.19 billion to the Worsley Fixed Assets registers for the three BHP Billiton entities in the Worsley Joint Venture. This involved to componentise the asset and determine their accounting and tax useful life for depreciation
• Actively making recommendations to support global process standardisation and continuous improvement via knowledge sharing for 1SAP system and wrote procedures for Fixed Asset and Project operation for Worsley.