Entrepreneurial real estate professional with four years experience in residential investment and management and five years of business to business and real estate sales. Excel in repositioning assets through design-focused branding and marketing. Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills. Core Competencies include: Leadership, Project and Property Management, Negotiation, Sales, and Marketing.
Mar 2005 - Present
- Started a private real estate investment and property management business which directly owns or manages eight residential units in Washington DC and Atlanta, GA.
- Acquired and repositioned four underperforming residential units into boutique luxury rentals, nearly tripling NOI, while retaining 50% of units for existing elderly low-income residents.
- Converted Atlanta condominium to corporate rental, increasing rent 30%.
- Created compelling brand identity via interior design, LEED features, website, and advertising.
- Led all facets of building management including renovation, marketing, lease-up, and maintenance.
- Detailed mixed-use research paper was cited by client as reason for approval of client's residential/retail rezoning proposal.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
- Managed team of 12 Team Leaders and 100 summer youth employees in DC's pilot green-collar employment program.
- Taught DC youth green collar job skills including energy audits, green roof maintenance, and construction material recycling
Jan 2006 - Nov 2007
Vice President, Mid-Atlantic Sales
- Won multiple RFP's and grew new loan volume while servicing 40+ client $50MM loan portfolio.
- Credited by client with saving region's largest account, a $30MM exclusive servicing account.
- Created and led innovative project teams to cross-sell multiple products and increase stickiness.
Jul 2005 - Dec 2006
Technical Sales Representative
- Managed $60MM loan portfolio directly and supported Southeast US region's sales reps with complex technical operating system issues.
- Led all regions in converting clients to new loan delivery platform and increased loan volume to directly managed schools 20% YOY despite having no technical background and learning system from scratch.
Aug 2008 - Present
Master of Science
Courses include Development, Finance, Economics, Real Estate Law, and Capital Markets
Sep 1996 - Dec 2001
Bachelor of Arts
Served as Editor-in Chief of student newspaper The Maroon Tiger for two years.
Experience in green residential renovation including installation of low-flow waterheads, dual flush toilets, rainwater tanks, and tankless water heaters Understanding of LEED credits and applications.
Excel modeling including cash flow discounting, and Net Present Value calculations