Volleyball (7+ years experience)
Although "volleyball player" technically isn't a job title, because of the skills that I learned and all of the time I have committed to it, I would consider it a job. Volleyball is a year long sport that I have been playing since 6th grade. School season would be from early August to October with practices everyday and games and tournaments every week and then club season would go from October to late July and would include tournaments every weekend and a National Tournament at the end of July.
Volleyball has taught me numerous skills such as leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. In high school and my final two years of club volleyball I was the Captain of my team. I learned how to speak up, be responsible, and lead my team.
Some High School/Club Volleyball Accomplishments:
- Missouri State Volleyball Champions 2011
- Missouri State Volleyball Runners Up 2009
- Player of the year 2011
- 4 yr. Varsity starter
- Named 3 yrs. All State, All Region, All District, All Star Team, and All Metro
- Named St. Louis Post Dispatch Player of the Week
- Athlete of the Month in "Get in the Game" Magazine
- All St. Louis and Metro Area #1 Leader in Assists three years in a row
- Named MVP for 3 years
- St. Louis Post Dispatch "Player to Watch"
- Two years as Captain
- 2011 KC Show Me Qualifier placed 6th in the Open Division
- 2011 Big South Qualifier placed 6th in the Open Division
- Junior Olympics in Atlanta placed 5th in the Nation in the National Division
- 2011 Andi Collins Award Finalist- Top 73 setters in the country in prepvolleyball.com
College Volleyball Accomplishments
- 1st Team All Conference
- Named to All Tournament Team 3 tournaments in a row
- Voted by team as MVP
- 13th in the nation for assists per set