- Led a team of 40 (including 6 Senior Managers), responsible to provide Finance support for strategic planning, innovation processes, project analysis, capital and restructuring proposals, sourcing studies, coordination of cost reduction programs, performance monitoring and result reporting.
- Drove high-quality financial control processes into the Supply Chain organisation through the implementation of standard policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Main Results:
- Developed, negotiated (with several stakeholders including Government authorities and External / Internal Auditors) and implemented a new Tax Advantaged Fiscal Model, generating permanent benefits of $ 15 mi / year (1.5% of Turnover).
- Developed and delivered a comprehensive program for Factories and Warehouses rationalization, with permanent benefit of $ 35 million / year (3.5% of Turnover).
- Delivered key saving projects and sourcing changes, enabling Gross Margin increases (100 bps+) and influencing long-term supply chain strategy.
- Developed financial business cases to launch more than 20 products in 6 different Market Categories (with estimated Turnover above $ 100 million / year).
UNILEVER LATIN AMERICA JUN/02 - JUN/04
Finance Director, Information Technology
- Finance leader of a regional team, in charge of the IT Infrastructure business unit in Latin America. Responsibilities included definition of long-term strategy and major initiatives design.
- Provided expertise to Regional CIO during implementation of major restructuring program (Process & Systems Convergence), including Telecomms and IT Services Outsourcing.
- Main Results:
- Significant improvement of Financial Planning and Reporting through pro-active and clear communication with all PMOs as well as by taking a rigorous approach to deadline adherence and reporting disciplines.
- Implementation of restructuring program leading to permanent savings in excess of $ 40 million / year; significant Fixed Assets rationalization and quality improvement (reliability and efficiency) of systems and services.
- Rationalization in the number of IT providers and implementation of Global agreements.
UNILEVER BRAZIL - FOODS BUSINESS UNIT JUL/99 - MAI/02
Management Accountant, Customer Development Jan/01 - Mai/02
- Owned key projects related to integration of Customer Development Strategies (including valuation of key customers) following Bestfoods acquisition by Unilever (2000); 'Right Arm' of National Customer Development VP during the integration stage.
- Responsible for portfolio / customer value creation analysis, promotional budget controlling / allocation and support for new brands / products launches.
- Implemented standard Customer Profitability methodology, improving decision making related to Strategic Pricing.
- Influenced key decisions related to Trade Marketing Investments for Distribution Channels and individual Customers ($ 200 million / year).
Factory Controller Jul/99 - Dec/00
- Financial management of 5 factories, responsible for
- Coordinating and directing their financial planning and investment activities.
- Preparing financial statements, factory activity reports, cost forecasts and annual budgets.
- Relationship with fiscal authorities in the locations where the factories were based
EARLY CAREER HISTORY
UNILEVER LATIN AMERICA - HPC (B2B) BUSINESS UNIT JAN/93 - JUN/99
Manager, Planning and Strategic Sourcing Jan/97 - Jun/99
- Responsible for Procurement and Planning Activities, with a budget above $ 100 million / year.
- Member of the Unilever Global Buying Team and leader of the Latin America Buying Team.
- Coordination of multi country Procurement and Planning Activities, Supplier base & materials rationalization, resulting in savings higher than $ 10 million / year.
Manager, Manufacturing Jan/94 - Dec/96
- Responsible for Manufacturing of Detergents and Personal Care products
Trainee, Management Accounting Jan/93 - Dec/93