- Global Finance Development Director since Jan 06, responsible for providing expertise to Corporate and Global teams, developing and driving key projects related to Strategy Formulation and Implementation, Total Shareholder Return, Business Partnering and Finance Learning / Skills Development.
- Finance Director for more than six years, responsible for supporting decision making and providing financial expertise to Unilever's Latin American IT function and Brazil's Foods and Ice Cream business (turnover of $ 1 billion / year).
- Solidinternational and multifunctionalcareer in the FMCG industry (8 positions in 16 years), developed in the leadership of Supply Chain and Finance areas, in Brazil, Latin America and UK.
- Highly experienced with a successful track record of achievement in strategy implementation and financial / risk management during periods of economic uncertainty and / or extensive restructuring efforts. Expertise supporting strategic planning and performance monitoring and improvement processes (incl. Cash forecasting and management).
- Experience in leading projects and implementing transformational change in complex, global, multi site organizations, including an ability to engage and build alignment across multiple stakeholders within different functions and cultures.
- Strategic leadership coupled with strong analytical capabilities and proven pragmatic commercial mindset, being recognized by business partners as being able to influence key business decisions at executive levels.
Jan 2006 - Present
Global Finance Director, Excellence Team
- Led and managed the development and implementation of the Global Finance curricula for the 5.000 staff employed in Unilever's core financial functions. Extensively involved in training and development decisions for Finance professionals (including content, delivery strategy and audience segmentation).
- Developed and implemented an integrated Value Creation / Total Shareholder Return model, consisting of a financial tool associated with an operational strategy embedding process.
- Led global teams, enabling the implementation of a comprehensive Finance's transformational agenda towards real business partnering (Brand Development and Customer Management), Dynamic Performance Management and World Class Finance Processes.
- Main Results:
- Developed a modern and flexible Finance Training proposition, ensuring the proper development of new Business Partnering competences while reinforcing traditional tools and methodologies.
- Implemented a holistic strategy framework in more than 20 Operating Companies / Multi-country Organizations, ensuring alignment between Corporate Strategy definition and local / regional operational plans.
- Delivered a comprehensive transformational agenda, allowing Finance professionals to be more aligned with businesses modern trends.
Jul 2004 - Dec 2005
Finance Director, Supply Chain
UNILEVER BRASIL – FOODS & ICE CREAM BUSINESS UNIT
- Led a team of 40 (including 6 Senior Managers), responsible to provide Finance support for strategic planning, innovation processes, project analysis, capital and restructuring proposals, sourcing studies, coordination of cost reduction programs, performance monitoring and result reporting.
- Drove high-quality financial control processes into the Supply Chain organisation through the implementation of standard policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Main Results:
- Developed, negotiated (with several stakeholders including Government authorities and External / Internal Auditors) and implemented a new Tax Advantaged Fiscal Model, generating permanent benefits of $ 15 mi / year (1.5% of Turnover).
- Developed and delivered a comprehensive program for Factories and Warehouses rationalization, with permanent benefit of $ 35 million / year (3.5% of Turnover).
- Delivered key saving projects and sourcing changes, enabling Gross Margin increases (100 bps+) and influencing long-term supply chain strategy.
- Developed financial business cases to launch more than 20 products in 6 different Market Categories (with estimated Turnover above $ 100 million / year).
UNILEVER LATIN AMERICA JUN/02 - JUN/04Finance Director, Information Technology
- Finance leader of a regional team, in charge of the IT Infrastructure business unit in Latin America. Responsibilities included definition of long-term strategy and major initiatives design.
- Provided expertise to Regional CIO during implementation of major restructuring program (Process & Systems Convergence), including Telecomms and IT Services Outsourcing.
- Main Results:
- Significant improvement of Financial Planning and Reporting through pro-active and clear communication with all PMOs as well as by taking a rigorous approach to deadline adherence and reporting disciplines.
- Implementation of restructuring program leading to permanent savings in excess of $ 40 million / year; significant Fixed Assets rationalization and quality improvement (reliability and efficiency) of systems and services.
- Rationalization in the number of IT providers and implementation of Global agreements.
UNILEVER BRAZIL - FOODS BUSINESS UNIT JUL/99 - MAI/02Management Accountant, Customer Development Jan/01 - Mai/02
- Owned key projects related to integration of Customer Development Strategies (including valuation of key customers) following Bestfoods acquisition by Unilever (2000); 'Right Arm' of National Customer Development VP during the integration stage.
- Responsible for portfolio / customer value creation analysis, promotional budget controlling / allocation and support for new brands / products launches.
- Implemented standard Customer Profitability methodology, improving decision making related to Strategic Pricing.
- Influenced key decisions related to Trade Marketing Investments for Distribution Channels and individual Customers ($ 200 million / year).
- Financial management of 5 factories, responsible for
- Coordinating and directing their financial planning and investment activities.
- Preparing financial statements, factory activity reports, cost forecasts and annual budgets.
- Relationship with fiscal authorities in the locations where the factories were based
EARLY CAREER HISTORYUNILEVER LATIN AMERICA - HPC (B2B) BUSINESS UNIT JAN/93 - JUN/99 Manager, Planning and Strategic Sourcing Jan/97 - Jun/99
- Responsible for Procurement and Planning Activities, with a budget above $ 100 million / year.
- Member of the Unilever Global Buying Team and leader of the Latin America Buying Team.
- Coordination of multi country Procurement and Planning Activities, Supplier base & materials rationalization, resulting in savings higher than $ 10 million / year.
- Responsible for Manufacturing of Detergents and Personal Care products