Policy & Compliance Adviser
Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,Cairo,Egypt.
- Review of existing legal framework laws (national and internationally ratified agreements including Basel , Stockholm & Rotterdam conventions) and executive regulations,directives as they relate to hazardous waste and substances management.
- Develop and draft executive regulations addressing the technical best practices for integrated management of hazardous waste and substances and industrial compliance.
- Develop the Egyptian National strategy for integrated management of hazardous waste and substances along with key international experts of hazardous waste management worldwide.
- Provide technical support and coordinate with external legal consultancy firms for drafting the final draft of the proposed legislation going through the submission and approval phase of the developed hazardous waste/substance proposed legislation.
- Draft contracts and terms of references procuring consultancy and other indirect procurement services.
- Assess the feasibility & the regulatory impact analysis for industrial and environmental compliance policies including Extended Producer responsibility placed on products by type, cradle to gave policy guaranteeing financial sustainability of industrial hazardous waste / substances Management systems as well propose economic and financial incentives for adhering the prevention, minimizing & safe compliant management of hazardous waste and substances.
- Develop ,implement,monitor and evaluate pilot project for increasing industrial hazardous waste data collection and treatment efficiency including but not limited to assessing ,analysing & minimizing risks related to the implementation of the pilot project & defining legal relationships as a key to the successful use of NEC conditions adopting the desired cultural transition among the pilot stakeholders.