Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,Cairo,Egypt.
- Review of existing legal framework laws (national and internationally ratified agreements including Basel , Stockholm conventions) and executive regulations,directives as they relate to hazardous waste and substances management.
- Assist to develop a strategic reform action plan for the hazardous waste and substances management sector on a national level in Egypt harmonised with all relevant stakeholders including the public and private sector and design plan for the consultation process.
- Leading team of key international consultants to develop and draft executive regulations addressing the technical best practices for integrated management of hazardous waste and substances and industrial compliance.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate a pilot project for increasing industrial hazardous waste collection and treatment efficiency including but not limited to assessing, analysing, minimising risks related to the implementation of the pilot project within a private public partnership scheme.
- Develop a strategic implementation process for a national electronic compliance monitoring system for industrial hazardous waste management introducing data allocating and management in enterprise resource planning systems.
- Design and Draft contracts and terms of references for consultancy services.
- Assess the regulatory impact analysis for industrial and environmental compliance policies including Extended Producer responsibility placed on products by type, cradle to gave policy guaranteeing financial sustainability of industrial hazardous waste / substances Management systems as well propose economic and financial incentives for adhering the prevention, minimising & safe compliant management of hazardous waste and substances.