Director of Student Life/Teacher
Episcopal Day School
- Administrative team, direct report to head of school.
- Working with head of school in establishing student leadership as a distinguishing program
- Established partnership with American Red Cross of Augusta to host regional Middle School Leadership Conference
- Wrote with advancement office 2009 NAES Outreach Fund Grant for student leadership support [view grant report];
- Coordinating and chaperoning experiential education trips (including 8th grade Outward Bound expedition)
- Implemented Twitter as a tool for sharing field trip updates with school community
- Conceived and produced annual student-led Veterans' Day Chapel Assembly in partnership with community groups including Augusta State University, U.S. Army Signal Corps at Fort Gordon, and the Office of the Mayor.
- Chair, Outcomes Project/Affective Domain Committee, Chair. Schoolwide steering committee charged with creating student outcomes and curriculum redesign to reflect student and teacher needs for the 21st century.
- Regular interaction with parents and families through high school evaluation, application, and selection process [high school placement handbook]
- Secretary, Board of Trustees Merit Scholarship Selection Committee
- Retention Committee: creation and implementation of internal family retention programs
- Discipline Committee: review, revision, and implementation of schoolwide discipline plan
- Worked with head of school and faculty in hiring process for teacher and administrative openings, including faculty recruitment and interviews
Teaching and curriculum design
- Courses: English & Literature (8th grade); Leadership (gr. 7-8); Religion (gr. 6-7); Advisory (gr. 6-8)
- Sponsor for Student Council and award-winning Academic Quiz Bowl Teams
- Assisting colleagues in technology implementation (SmartBoards support as certified Peer Educator, teacher websites, database management, EasyGrade Pro solutions, and other user support)
- Assisted advancement team in producing special events (e.g. Golf Tournament, 8th Grade Grandparents' Day, Homecoming, Graduation)
- Working with head to identify and cultivate donors to establish endowment gifts within student leadership
- Assisted Director of Public Relations with school publications (proofreading, creating website content and articles for school magazine, and special event photography)