I am a public affairs and marketing professional with over 5 years of experience in guiding the communications of an international non-profit organization. Since receiving my MBA in Global Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, I am pursuing opportunities in marketing and consulting. Some of my core strengths are the ability to motivate a team and to see projects through to successful completion. I am also able to navigate multicultural and international situations well. I have a BA in International Studies with a focus on Europe from Middlebury College in Vermont. During the summer of 2008, I interned at Bridgevine Inc., a leading e-commerce solutions provider for a wide array of services. My internship focused on communications and market research related to the new Bridgevine.com site, in order to better identify customers and provide the best service and experience. I spent January 2009 in Amman, Jordan advising Beecell, a mobile value-added services and solutions provider, on entering the U.S. market.
Currently I am seeking a position where I can contribute my communications, marketing, and global management skills to a growing dynamic company.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
Intern, User Experience & Product
My internship focused on communications and market research for the new Bridgevine.com site in order to provide the best service and user experience.
- Writing and editing SEO primed content for Bridgevine.com.
- Conducting market segmentation research and analysis.
- Developing a monthly report focused on the website visitors and usage.
Jan 2006 - Aug 2007
Director of Public Affairs
Managed activities of a public relations firm; developed story pitches and op-eds; and, engaged editorial staff leading to stories in major publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Times
Compiled, wrote, and edited Atlas’s newsletters, e-mail updates, and web page content
Managed relationships with high profile speakers, including former heads of state, CEOs, leaders of multinational financial institutions, Nobel laureates, and media personalities
Planned over 50 events with a cumulative budget of over $1 million, ranging in size from 5 to 300 people
Improved the event planning process resulting in an almost 100% increase in attendance at the annual Liberty Forums
Dec 2006 - Apr 2007
- Verified and corrected text translation from German to English for The Knowledge Book (a forthcoming National Geographic publication)
- Reviewed and confirmed all facts, dates, and names and edited text to fit within formal layout regulations
Apr 2003 - Dec 2005
Associate Director of Public Affairs
- Spearheaded the creation of a new logo and brand and its application to all aspects of Atlas’s work
- Developed and administered the initial judging process of the multi-million dollar Templeton Freedom Awards program; created promotional products, including a booklet and videos, for the program
- Created an extensive annual report to better present Atlas’s activities, which resulted in increased donations
- Produced the 25th Anniversary Atlas Video (DVD)
Jan 2002 - Mar 2003
Assistant to the Executive Vice President
- Coordinated the grant-making process for H.B. Earhart fellows and institutes
- Organized academic essays and writings; scheduled and tracked meetings and travel
- Assisted a group of U.S. donors to a 50-year old British public policy research group
Sep 2007 - May 2009
- Member, Phi Beta Gamma International Business Honors Society
- Key Projects:
- German market analysis and strategy for Preferred Brands International’s Tasty Bite product line
- U.S. entry strategy for Beecell, a Jordanian mobile value-added services company
- Brand development strategy for Organic Bistro, a frozen entree product line
- Research & Teaching Assistant for Dr. Robert Hisrich, Center for Global Entrepreneurship
- Reviewed and copy-edited the 2009 edition of International Entrepreneurship; assisted the teaching of the on demand Global Enterprise course
- Activities: Thunderbird Marketing Association (VP of Events Management), National Association of Women MBAs, International Development Association, Germanic Cultures Club
- Study Abroad, January 2008-March 2008, EGADE (Mexico) and INCAE Business School (Costa Rica)
1997 - 2001
- Study Abroad, August 1999-July 2000, Johannes Gutenberg Universität, Mainz, Germany
I developed the Year-In-Review for Atlas as a way to show its network members, donors, and other stakeholders the organization's worldwide activities, accomplishments, and mindset.
For the Peter Delius Verlag, I served as one of the translation editors for the English version of the book.
For Dr. Robert Hisrich at Thunderbird, I copy-edited and reviewed the main body of his latest publication International Entrepreneurship as well as some of the teaching materials.