Director of Sales
Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive South
I was the first member of the executive management team brought in to begin the pre-open process and ramp up to opening.
- I completed the the Pre-Open Road Map Items, Participating in all Touch Point Calls with the pre-open hotel support team, researched and prepared the Rate Binder and worked with the Revenue Management Team to set rates. I evaluated and set up the competitive set for STAR, built out the Property Information Management System, set up and maintain Hotel Planner, C-Vent, Trip Advisor, Facebook, Linked In, Meeting Broker, providing all content,loading photos, and maintaining these platforms as well as providing all content for our vanity website. The Facebook page I was responsible for won the Social Media Award at the Hilton Extended Stay Annual GM & DOS Conference held in Dallas, Texas on March, 22nd, 2016.
- I began the process of securing a spot in the Disney Good Neighbor Hotel Program and bringing in an Expedia Partner Central Desk for the property.
- All required brand training with Hilton was completed.
- Multiple Sales Blitzes were done with great success and outside calls preparing for our opening.
- The 2016 Sales and Marketing Plan was completed.
- 2016 Qualifiers were submitted on Hilton National Accounts and all invitations to bid were responded to. (much research was required to get to the top 26 best opportunities for us in this diverse and dynamic market). Gearing up now for the 2017 which starts in May.
- Prep for the Grand Opening held February 17th, 2016, sending out and managing all invites, ensuring ribbon cutting was set, getting food & beverage, VIP bags, and planning this all out.
- I was able to secure appointments and did presentations for Hilton Reservations and Customer Care, American Express Tampa, Travel Inc. Tampa, and AAA Tampa. (It is quite difficult to obtain these appointments).
- I also secured a presentation appointment with Hilton Direct in Dallas this May, Am Ex Tampa for 3 of our properties the end of March, Booth at the Hilton Reservations Customer Care Spring Fling beginning of April for 3 of our properties, and Booth at Baccus Bash with the Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association the beginning of April.
- I attended networking and educational events with the Convention and Visitors Bureau and Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association.
- I had never been on a pre-open team and learned a lot, this was a challenge and great learning experience as each item fell into place.
- We opened the property January 28th 2016.
- I booked over $317,000 in group business was turned definite in the first quarter of 2016.
- Multiple local negotiated accounts are now producing with 4 or 5 of them being extended stay project work averaging a length of stay for 6+ months (Two of these local negotiated accounts have also been accepted as preferred on a Global level and is loaded for GDS access, and the contract is secured on this project for the next 3 years and expected to extend beyond).