To secure a full time position as an office administrator and utilize my skills and knowledge that I have learned at DeVry and have gained valuable skills on my previous jobs.
Business Information System
Executive Administrative Assistant offering 20 years of exeperience and knowledge of office management. As an administrative assistant experienced in different software programs Microsoft Applications Word, Excel, Power Point and Access Database. Currently, pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a minor in Business Information Systems.
Sep 2006 - Aug 2008
Support Associate for the Medicare Review Department
Healthcare Quality Strategies, Inc.
- Responsible for all incoming medical records from several hospitals in the State of New Jersey
- Utilized the CRIS program to enter medical record information
- Coordinated and assigned all the medical records
- Provided postage reports for reimbursements to hospitals
- Trained staff and department on the charts procedures and the filing of medical records
- Handled incoming calls and provided translation for spanish speaking customers
- Independently responded and followed up on requests of information
- Attended monthly meetings as well as support staff bi weekly meetings
- Responsible for highly sensitve materials relating to patient and adhered to HIPPA procedures
Jan 2006 - Aug 2006
Administrative Assistant to the Gastroenterology Dept. at RWJ University Hospital
Adecco Staffing Agency
- Provided part time administrative support
- Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records
- Filing of all pertinent information
- Answered incoming calls and provided general information in a fast past environment
Oct 2005 - Jan 2006
Clinic Scheduler at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey
CoWorx Staffing Agency
- Utilizing the IDX system to enter patient information
- Scheduled appointments for procedures and other health related matters
- Verify and update patient information
- Update insurance information for verification
- Responsible for billing, payments and lite bookkeeping
- Contact patient for appointments
Dec 2004 - Feb 2005
Human Resource Assistant at the Argix Direct Inc.
- Responsible for validating company's time sheet on weekly basis
- Entered all timesheet information in the AMIPRO database
- Filed and verified all employees job applications, insurance forms, annual reviews and termination forms
- Coordinated and maintained the filing system
Sep 2004 - Oct 2004
Office Assistant to the African Studies at Rutgers University
Rotator Staffing Services
- Provide office support to the event coordinator of the African Studies at Rutgers (part time)
- Heavy data entry (Microsoft Word, Access and Excel)
- Assist in editing of reports
- Update information of clients
Feb 2004 - Aug 2004
Data Entry Associates for the Universal Service Administrative Co.
Rotator Staffing Agency
- Heavy data entry and validation of each account (Oracle, Access and Excel database)
- Managed the numeric filing system
- Assist managers with project assignments
- Provide customer service
Jan 2008 - Present
Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Information Systems.
Present - A member of the Future Business Leaders of America at DeVry University
S.T.A.R. program at DeVry University
Sep 2001 - Jun 2006
Associates in Applied Science in Business Administration and a concentration in Business Information Systems. Graduated 06/06 - GPA 3.0.