Assistant Operations Manager - Meeting & Events
Commenced employment with Merivale as a casual event team member; promoted to team leadership as a result of organizational abilities and strong work ethic.
Currently working in a full time permanent position since May 2014
- Managing multiple Merivale venues and VIP offsite projects including Good Vibrations Festival and El Loco at the House and Justin's personal parties and events.
- Responsible for balancing, coordinating and executing operational aspects of events - including the management of client demands/objections, venue limitations and unforeseen supplier problems.
- Working closely with kitchen staff to ensure a consistently high standard of delivery
- Working closely with licensee, security and health & safety officers to manage crowd control, venue licencing and WH&S regulations
- Labour and staff management including managing rostering, forecasting and delinquency
- Ownership of COGs and stocktake results
- Managing weekly Events Delivery meetings and representing department at venue leadership meetings
- Motivating and developing team members including recognizing talent
- Presently the 'Super User' of Ungerboeck system (events management software) importing my studies in software design and events practice
- Creation of procedural documents, user manuals, and standard operating procedures
- Excellent rapport with senior venue managers