Senior Consultant, Corporate Benefits Communications
Selected into new role based on outstanding achievements in building strategic alliances with communities, government officials and businesses to develop internal / external communication platforms that engage and mobilize 230,000+ employees on corporate Health and Wellness vision. Develop and implement enterprise-wide health and wellness communications and awareness campaigns, and annual wellness initiatives focused on reducing costs and improving overall health of Verizon employees. Establish proactive media relations, award submissions and corporate legislative strategies on healthcare reform to position Verizon as a though leader. Plan, define and develop communication tool kits, and oversee and coordinate efforts of 33 local HR Business Partners in executing onsite health and wellness events and campaigns nationally across the enterprise.
- Positioned company to capture the Best Employer Healthy Lifestyle Award from National Business Group on Health (NBGH) for 2 consecutive years, based on outstanding performance in encouraging workers to live healthier lifestyles.
- Pivotal role in enabling Verizon Communications continued placement on distinguished Working Mother Magazine’s “One of the Best Places to Work” list by strengthening work / life programs across the enterprise.
- Elevated Verizon as a thought leader in health and wellness through executive participation in national coalitions. Developed strategic and tactical communications, talk points, testimonies and presentations for key executives on Health IT, and wellness and health reform.
- Re-branded Be Well / Work Well Program to increase awareness and participation by employees. Partnered with WebMD to build Verizon Health Zone portal, increasing adoption of programs by 30% within 3 years.
- Created and piloted BioMetrics Screening and Quit-Net initiatives at Employee Resource Groups Conferences