Senior Software Engineer
University of the Aegean, IT Department
Providing web and software development services for the University of the Aegean. The services vary from building interoperability(APIs) between existing software, planning database schemes and developing new applications that could help the University to increase the provided quality of service from the Internet.
Among the provided services / tools were:
- Planning of the main software system and subsystems that could undertake and support the project "The University of the Aegean, a key factor for economic and social development of the Aegean area". Also developed the website that provided the required documentation for the project (https://pns.aegean.gr/)
- Complete software support in terms of planning and developing software for the structure of distant learning and administration of the University of the Aegean (http://e-epimorfosi.aegean.gr/) The support includes the development and support of the website that sells the distant learning products, the database planning and maintenance, the administrative tools, reporting tools etc. All developed tools can be presented upon request.
- Complete support in terms of planning and development for the Summer School Structure of the University of the Aegean (https://summerschools.pns.aegean.gr). The support includes the development and support of the website that provides information and enables the registration for each Summer School, database maintenance, administrative tools, reporting tools etc. All tools can be presented upon request.
- A tool that enables online communication with the cooperating bank of the University of the Aegean(Alpha Bank) and enables the fetching of incoming financial transactions. Fetching triggers a mechanism that finds out which was the individual that performed that transaction and triggers all the necessary procedures in order the individual gains access to the required service. Also the tool acts as a financial assistant in terms of showing sums, charts and reporting about transactions over specified dates.
- Many other administrative tools and automations regarding the desired procedure and documentation, than can be presented upon request.