Desktop Support Technician
St. Joseph Medical Center
As a desktop support technician, my daily responsibility was to work trouble tickets that came through our ticketing system, Manage Engine. That work included computer hardware break fixes, new hardware and software installs, troubleshooting software application issues. Other responsibilities included user management through active directory,adding and removing security groups and setting group policies. I also worked on major projects, which included two hospitals and several doctors offices around the city. Those projects included:
- Domain migration from local site to parent company.
- Upgraded 200+ devices from Windows XP to Windows 10.
- Upgraded/replaced older model Dell desktop computers with HP mini desktops.
- Prepared computers and other peripheral devices for a major software application install, EPIC.
- Printer upgrades
- Asset management. Inventoried every computer device in the hospital