Assistant Product Manager, Consultant
USDA - Farm Services Agency & Bering Straits Information Technology, LLC (BSIT)
Architecture and Management Center, Architecture Office
- Promoted to assist the Senior Product Manager with day-to-day operations of the USDA contract and to do whatever was necessary to make the contract successful for 15 task assignments handled by our 60 BSIT and n-Link Consultants.
- Handled confidential information with coordination with two HR departments - BSIT and our co-contracting company, n-Link.
- Maintained confidential SharePoint records including:Employee files, evaluations, payroll, contracts, policies and procedures, and private documentation.
- Scheduled candidate interviews, participated with job fair recruitment, and coordinated applications from outside consultants.
- Reviewed new hire job applications for the government.Ensured all security documents, I-9s, fingerprints, and benefit paperwork were completed properly.Handled training requirements and orientation.
- Coordinated and planned special events including one-on-one meetings, corporate and staff meetings, off campus events, catering for team lunches, and holiday parties.
- Completed equipment and software requests for staff members.
- Ensured the individual task reports were completed weekly.Compiled the separate reports into a single document to create the overall weekly progress report that was sent to the USDA chiefs and our corporate management.
Technical Writer Nov, 2008 – Mar, 2009
- Provided technical writing.
- Worked closely with development and support teams to write and edit technical documentation and glossaries.
- Supported the Program Manager with project tasks.
- Utilized the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Managed documents using SharePoint and Rational ClearCase.
- Applied industry standard writing techniques such as IEEE standards to enhance document usability through document organization, presentation, using a clear and understandable writing style.