Progressively increasing responsibility supporting capital projects and construction in a fast paced demanding manufacturing environment
Dual role as Site Construction Manager at the Global Business Unit’s most profitable manufacturing site.
- Responsible for the interface between construction and the 24-7 manufacturing facility, including both daily problem solving, and converting strategic business direction to short and long-term priorities for the organization.
- Responsible for average construction staff size of 250 (peak 700), 50 contract engineering staff, $40M in construction controlled spending fiscal year 2003 - 2004.
Dual role as Site Capital Cost Manager and Project Manager at the Global Business Unit’s most profitable manufacturing site.
- Responsible for developing people and systems for capital cost control, supervised cost engineering contractors, and evaluated all costs prior to funding.
- Project Manager for strategic capital projects and product initiative launches.
- Promoted to Department Manager level in June 2003.
Responsible for Cost Engineering systems, planning, and organizational development for the North American division of the Global Business Unit.
- Coordinated and produced capital cost estimates, sourcing studies, option studies, trending, change management, bid evaluations, and related cost engineering functions
- Prepared and established budgets for selected capital projects ranging from $1M to $500M. Coordinated contractors and other internal resources on projects totaling $150M.