Directs and manages complex and sophisticated Information Technology (IT) programs and projects in support of Coalition Forces for the Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq (MNSTC-I), reporting directly to a three-star commanding general (CG) within MNSTC-I/NATO. Directs, supervises, and evaluates activities of a six-member technical team assigned to the division. Serves as a technical leader and resident expert for 2,200 members of 18 divisions and 23 Knowledge Management Offices. Managed technical resources valued at $4 million.
Project Management/Human Resources: Oversees all facets of IT projects, including activities and performance of IT team members engaged in design, development, test analysis, debugging, deployment, and migration of various automation systems. Directs IT team's project tasks according to established goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets, creating strategic plans for developing systems, software training, operating system software support, verification testing, systems administration tools, and maintenance. Coordinates budgets, production timetable, status reporting, and the team's movement throughout each project.Technology Management: Orchestrates development of the new J-1 Personnel System, which replaces an obsolete database with a record of crashes and poor availability. Developed and integrated an innovative electronic Joint Manpower and Personnel System (eJMAPS) interface that allows staff members to update both source information and external data via data transfer. Result: A robust architecture that streamlines client access to information while enhancing security, improving transparency, and allowing one-stop shopping for directorates that previously employed multiple systems and products to track training.Technical Solutions: Validates testing for hardware, software, and communication lines to ensure IT infrastructure is consistent, dependable, and supports organizational objectives. Researches commercial off-the-shelf systems and issued timely recommendations for purchase/no purchase to ensure effective integration into existing operating systems.Quality Processes: Implements comprehensive quality assurance projects, including in-process reviews to ensure equipment, systems, and software can be configured and operated following deployment. Performs continual quality assessments to ensure customer requirements are met on time and within budget.Significant Achievements:
- Manages comprehensive design, development, and deployment of the MNSTC-I public "dot mil" website, which continues to provide current public affairs press releases, interactive photo gallery, media feeds, and audio casts from the Commanding General/MNSTC-I, in support of the organization's multi-channel communication strategy.
- Manages and directs the organization's IT training program that includes training sessions in Microsoft (MS) SharePoint (basic/advanced) for more than 2,000 personnel. Develops and deploys executive software with the command organization to address antiquated or non-existent software to support critical tactical and strategic needs for mission accomplishment.
- Approached by Iraqi Training and Advisory Mission (ITAM-Army) directorate to envision and produce Iraq’s first-ever Iraqi International Academy (IIA) public website. Coordinates with a senior British government executive, the 30-member MNSTC-I Team within ITAM-Army, and the U.S. Corps of Engineers (as architects) to complete Academy design and development and produce the first IIA website, which will serve as the media vehicle for the Iraqi government in building more collaborative working relationships with other nations via English instruction, ministerial training, and strategic studies. Results: IIA is currently on schedule to complete construction of the Institute's campus and facilities and will have a public website to serve as a global media vehicle to promote and market its mission and services.
- Established agreement with Hewlett-Packard for expedited parts and service for the MNSTC-I website, ensuring rapid response and availability for replacement parts requests at overseas locations.
- Creates a culture of trust and mentoring to address plummeting technical team morale due to high-threat conditions, including daily attacks by Iraqi insurgents. Conducts group/one-on-one counseling sessions to address anxieties and gives motivational presentations to improve team resolve to reach organizational goals.
- Procured an armored vehicle to safely transport the team across the International Zone. Negotiated with the vendor to reduce monthly costs from $14K to only $9K.
- Orchestrated the safe return to the U.S. of team member experiencing life-threatening medical emergency. Coordinated travel arrangements, costs, itinerary, and acquisition of temporary staff resources to backfill the member's critical position during her absence.
- Related Projects: Leads and supervises the IT team in completing a series of subordinate projects from inception to deployment, including systems that track the following essential resources: up to $6B in foreign military sales; Iraq Security Forces Funds exceeding $4B throughout the approval process; all Iraqi out-of-country training courses (both scheduling and tracking); all MNSTC-I vehicles for overall inventory tracking, including required maintenance; and Purchase Request and Commitment documents.