Strategic marketing executive with a proven track record of success. Developed and executed marketing strategy for a start-up resulting in a successful acquisition, and directed marketing programs for a medium-sized business to grow from $100M to $400M in revenues. Motivated to create clear and concise corporate communication programs focused on business results. Skilled at working with cross-functional teams and communicating across organizational levels.
2012 - Present
Director Product Marketing, Counter Security
- Directed marketing, messaging and communication plans for integration of Mykonos Software into Juniper Networks.
- Launched new products including WebApp Secure, DDoS Secure and Spotlight Secure.
- Managed marketing integration of Webscreen DDoS product acquisition into Juniper.
- Presented to customers and prospects on all counter security products.
- Instrumental in marketing and messaging at major cyber security events RSA (USA, Europe and APAC) and Blackhat (USA, Europe).
- Keynote writer for security presentations by Juniper executives – RSA USA 2014, Singapore 2014, Singapore 2013 (Click to view presentations).
- Experienced speaker - Presented at RSA (USA 2013 and Singapore 2014).
- Managed a team within product marketing.
2010 - 2012
Head of Marketing
Mykonos Software (Acquired by Juniper Networks)
- Created and executed marketing strategy and budget for cyber security start-up protecting web applications using innovative technique of Intrusion Deception.
- Member of executive management team that took company through acquisition by Juniper Networks in February 2012 for $80M.
- Experience presenting to venture capital and corporate acquisition teams.
- Awards won: Gartner Cool Vendor 2010, Wall Street Journal Technology Awards 2011 Information Security, SINET 16 Security Innovator 2011, and finalist for SC Magazine’s Rookie Company of the Year 2011.
- Designed and built lead generation engine from nothing to feed sales pipeline including webinars, tradeshows, email and social media campaigns.
- Wrote all collateral, website, and marketing material including a compelling product demo that showcased Intrusion Deception in action.
- Created public relations plan and managed PR agency gaining significant press coverage including within Wall Street Journal and San Francisco Chronicle.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong analyst relations with Gartner (Cool Vendor 2010) and Forrester and 451 Group.
2008 - 2010
- Created marketing strategy that improved lead generation by 222% resulting in the best quarter of lead production and sales in the history of InsideTrack.
- Marketing tactics adopted: Event and conference planning, webinars, email campaigns, collateral development.
- Manage enterprise marketing budget and three (3) direct reports.
2002 - 2008
A workforce management software and staffing company.
- Marketing director for six (6) business units enabling revenue growth of 205%.
- Managed department budget and six (6) direct reports.
- Responsible for all RFP/proposal submissions resulting in 77 new accounts helping revenue grow from $130M in 2002 to $396M in 2007. Successful wins include Yahoo!, Microsoft, Google, eBay, Oracle, Gap, Bank of the West, Clorox.
- Directed all online marketing activities including SEO and SEM, adwords, blogging.
- Directed lead generation involving webinars, advertising, direct mail and email campaigns.
- Directed PR activities including liaising with media and managing PR agency.
- Revolutionized all company presentations improving number of closed sales deals.
- Created, wrote and managed all websites and brochures, data sheets and email newsletters.
- Selected for internal Leadership Development Program in 2006 (Voted MVP by peers).
- Developed metrics program for marketing department including lead generation and web marketing campaigns.
- Metrics improved through marketing strategy include:
- Revenue 205% Growth
- Leads Generated 80% Growth
- Web Traffic 42% Growth
- Email Click Thru’s 55% Growth
- PR Mentions 2,180% Growth.
2001 - 2002
Business Development Manager
- Developed new business and managed all research vendors in U.S.A for European market research company.
1998 - 2001
Senior Project Manager
- Managed, wrote and produced all marketing proposals and bids for Western Region.
- Successful sales achieved from 40% of submitted proposals ensuring mark-ups increased to >45%.
- Created client specific marketing communications collateral.
- Contributed to sales planning, budgeting and regional sales territories definition and created quarterly review process for major clients.
1995 - 1998
Sales Support Manager North America
- Managed the national proposal group for North America, successfully supervising six employees.
- Responsible for proposals representing nearly $2 Billion of revenue.
- Supported over 600 branch offices with all inquiries regarding proposals.
- Developed staffing solutions and pricing strategies and developed and maintained national proposal database.
- Identified and developed strategic alliances with sub-contractors to support national proposal strategies.
- Wrote, edited and graphically designed a reference library of responses to client inquiries.
- Created corporate fact-sheet, ensuring accuracy of all information in each proposal.
- Created and designed successful interactive sales presentations.
Project Manager, On-site Services, North America
- Manager for over 150 Adecco on-site alliances in North America accounting for $350 million of revenue.
- Provided daily management and field support to the On-Site Alliance Program.
- Implemented and supported opening of 47 new on-site Alliances in one year worth $100 million in revenue.
- Managed two employees.
- Created fully interactive on-site alliance sales presentation and support materials.
- Designed entire on-site alliance program including national quarterly review presentation.
- Wrote, designed and produced on-site alliance manuals for Adecco associates and client managers.
Sales Support Coordinator, North America
- Founding member of Adecco’s Sales Support function, writing and preparing national proposals.
- Developed zip-code database in Microsoft Access. Reduced time spent cross-referencing Adecco branch locations to potential client locations by 90%, saving over $50,000 per annum.
- Initiated and researched account management profiles.
1992 - 1995
Research Europe (Harris Interactive)
- Client facing role managing multiple research projects within many industries throughout Europe and USA.
- Clients included Hewlett Packard, Dow Corning and AT&T.
- Client facing role managing research projects including questionnaire design, interviewing, analysis and report writing.
- Clients included Digital, Rubbermaid, Hewlett Packard and Unipath.
1990 - 1992
Research Executive (Internship)
Marketing Improvements Research Ltd
- Internship with the largest marketing consultancy in Europe learning the fundamentals of research.
- Continued free-lance employment throughout final year of degree.
- Clients included Coca Cola, Mercury Telecommunications and Cable & Wireless.
Keynote presentations written for major cyber security conferences.
Keynote writer for presentation at RSA Conference 2014
Keynote writer for presentation at RSA Singapore 2013
Keynote writer for presentation at RSA Singapore 2014
Presenter and writer of product demo
Juniper Web App Secure and Spotlight Secure promo video
10 Web Application Statistics You Can't Ignore
Whitepaper on the Future of Higher Education (Pdf, 266K)
Synopsis of program at Northeastern University (Pdf, 231K)
Overview of Business Unit (Pdf, 1.8MB)
Overview of Business Unit (Pdf, 207K)
Sales collateral (Pdf, 255K)
Largest webinar attendance in company history
Grew email click-thru's by 55%
Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom
- Major: Marketing with a minor in Business Finance.
- Exchange Program: California State University, Hayward, California.