Public Relations and Community Relations Coordinator, Baptist South Medical Center South
- Marketing – Review patient census data and market analysis. Determine population segments to target for new and existing service lines. Coordinate marketing and advertising efforts as deemed appropriate to increase market share including media buying.
- Communications– Responsible for submission to five internal publications of varying audiences. Produce copy for multiple external publications. Supply publications with original photographs as needed. Coordination of video shoots and photo shoots. Produce monthly advertising schedule, supply internal graphics department with copy and images.
- Public Relations – Produce press releases, media alerts and press kits for the local media. Interview staff, physicians, and patients and families. Serve as hospital spokesperson.
- Volunteers– Responsible for day-to-day administration of 120 member Volunteer program. Assign placement and orient new Volunteers, maintain compliance for active Volunteers, coordinate all Volunteer schedules. Increased community participation by 84%.
- Volunteens– Developed program for teens to volunteer in the hospital during the summer. Doubled the size of the program for three consecutive summers. Responsible for interviewing applicants, selecting appropriate candidates, developing schedules, orienting teens.
- Community Relations – Organize staffing for booths and screenings at health fairs in the community. Supply educational materials and giveaways. Initiated the development of a monthly lunch and learn series for the community. Coordinate physician speakers, screenings, catering and advertising of the lunch and learn events. Advertise and recruit donors for bi-monthly blood drives, create incentives to encourage participation. Coordinate the hospital’s annual Angel Tree drive for the Salvation Army and served as co-chair of the annual United Way campaign in 2008. Host tours of the hospital for local elementary school children. Prepare Safe Sitter classes by arranging instructors, ordering class supplies and advertising class dates to increase enrollment.
- Web– Write copy for Baptist South’s public website and ensure that updated information is posted in a timely fashion. Maintain the media section of the web using basic HTML code.
- Budgeting – Track budget expenses for the department, make recommendations for annual budgeting process and submit monthly variance reports.