Offering extensive marketing, public relations, volunteer management, community relations, event planning, and web maintenance experience. Strong communication skills both verbal and written with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.Detail oriented with a track record for problem solving.
Member, Public Relations Society of America
Co-chair, Mandarin High School Center for Medical Studies Advisory Board
Jan 2007 - Present
Public Relations and Community Relations Coordinator, Baptist South Medical Center South
- Marketing – Review patient census data and market analysis. Determine population segments to target for new and existing service lines. Coordinate marketing and advertising efforts as deemed appropriate to increase market share including media buying.
- Communications– Responsible for submission to five internal publications of varying audiences. Produce copy for multiple external publications. Supply publications with original photographs as needed. Coordination of video shoots and photo shoots. Produce monthly advertising schedule, supply internal graphics department with copy and images.
- Public Relations – Produce press releases, media alerts and press kits for the local media. Interview staff, physicians, and patients and families. Serve as hospital spokesperson.
- Volunteers– Responsible for day-to-day administration of 120 member Volunteer program. Assign placement and orient new Volunteers, maintain compliance for active Volunteers, coordinate all Volunteer schedules. Increased community participation by 84%.
- Volunteens– Developed program for teens to volunteer in the hospital during the summer. Doubled the size of the program for three consecutive summers. Responsible for interviewing applicants, selecting appropriate candidates, developing schedules, orienting teens.
- Community Relations – Organize staffing for booths and screenings at health fairs in the community. Supply educational materials and giveaways. Initiated the development of a monthly lunch and learn series for the community. Coordinate physician speakers, screenings, catering and advertising of the lunch and learn events. Advertise and recruit donors for bi-monthly blood drives, create incentives to encourage participation. Coordinate the hospital’s annual Angel Tree drive for the Salvation Army and served as co-chair of the annual United Way campaign in 2008. Host tours of the hospital for local elementary school children. Prepare Safe Sitter classes by arranging instructors, ordering class supplies and advertising class dates to increase enrollment.
- Web– Write copy for Baptist South’s public website and ensure that updated information is posted in a timely fashion. Maintain the media section of the web using basic HTML code.
- Budgeting – Track budget expenses for the department, make recommendations for annual budgeting process and submit monthly variance reports.
Aug 2005 - Nov 2006
- Advertising- Purchased weekly radio, television, magazine, internet and newspaper advertising. Wrote copy, selected art, proofed and edited drafts for in-house advertising agency to produce final ads. Worked with mailing house to select appropriate households for direct mail pieces.
- Real Estate Agent Relations - Hosted weekly open houses and sneak preview events for real estate agents. Developed creative promotions to increase agent assisted sales. Maintained a database of more than a thousand real estate agents for weekly email communication.
- Event planning - Planned catering, entertainment, giveaways, live radio remotes, collateral material and advertising for grand openings, sneak previews, and special promotions.
- Web - Added new communities to the company's website, updated changes to existing communities, updated pricing for all communities and maintained the listing of inventory homes.
Aug 2005 - Sep 2003
- Sales promotions - Worked with the sales team to identify products for selling into mass market retailers (Target, Michaels, Hobby Lobby), retail clubs (Sam's, Costco), home shopping channels (QVC), and independent retailers. Created sales presentations, product mock-ups and packaging mock-ups.
- Graphic design - Designed a new look for the brand's packaging for more than 60 SKU's. Photographed various products and art directed at professional studios and remotes. Designed brand catalogs and supporting collateral materials and worked with local print houses to have materials printed. Laid out retail sales plan-o-grams.
- Tradeshows - Coordinated registration, the booth's product arrangement, booth set up, and all supplies needed for three major tradeshows per year. Included shipping up to five semi trucks of supplies cross country.
- Customer pricing - Entered all customer pricing into the pricing software. Maintained price sheets and order forms. Added new products as needed.
- Web - Added new products to the website, maintained pricing and the overall look and feel of the site.
- Product development - Brainstormed with the product development team to create new products for the marketplace.
Aug 2003 - Aug 2001
Bachelor of Science
University of North Florida
Golden Key International Honor Society
Aug 2001 - Aug 1999
Associate in Arts
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society