Senior Marketing Specialist & Event Coordinator
Manning & Napier Advisors, Inc.
Strategic plan development, implementation, and execution of corporate special events including annual client and prospect seminar series responsible for the oversight and management of all event related marketing and communication initiatives, event logistics, contract negotiation, and budget management.
- Planned, coordinated and executed 90% of overall corporate events and 100% of all annual client and prospect seminars; 2014 executed 20 in-person national and regional seminars.
- Researched, compared and selected event locations and negotiated contracts; responsible for managing events budget over $200,000. 00 budget, effectively reduced annual spend by more than $50k over the past five years saving more than $10,000. 00 year-over-year.
- Increased event attendance and overall number of events by more than 40% over the past five years, gaining company exposure into new markets and building brand awareness. Proposed initiatives that led to the reformulation of the marketing and event strategy to address deficiencies in an outdated policy, efforts that successfully facilitated the launch of a new event series that effectively increased the relevance of presentation materials and enhanced event effectiveness.
- Developed, analyzed and deployed an improved event evaluation method and reporting process to gauge event success, reported annual results to Marketing Director, CEO and other company executives.
- Researched, analyzed and proposed provider and service recommendations and implemented solutions at reduced cost; leveraged existing budget dollars and successfully hosted a live webinars series with more than 60% attendance rate.
- Supervised, trained, and oversaw junior marketing/PR associates daily activities; completed annual performance reviews and employee evaluations that included individual goals tied to performance bonuses and timelines for completion.
- Collaborated closely with Marketing Director, President, CEO and other top executives on a regular basis to develop seminar content and create presentation materials, worked with in-house design and web teams to develop event theme and design development for print and digital marketing.
- Produced and launched company press releases, coordinated reprint purchases for print and web, contract and pricing negotiations with national and regional publications.