Sep 2011 - Present
Manager of Network Operations and Telecom
- Implement, monitor and maintain all infrastructure aspects within the PCA Pharmacy domain: data storage, telecom, printing solutions, desktop and laptop configuration and repair, network, LAN/WAN, VLAN, security, and disaster recovery.
- Handle all aspects of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, firewall, network monitoring and alerts.
- Created a ticket system through the use of Spiceworks with monitors network, devices and asset management.
- Maintain the ShoreTel phone system and work with carriers to support telecommunications.
- Maintain all backups and replications using Veeam.
- Configure, implement and maintain all servers in VMWare.
- Maintain all WWAN connections using Ruckus wireless.
- Designed, implemented, tested and maintain Disaster Recovery process and procedures.
- Designed, implemented and maintain SharePoint 2010 for company intranet.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support for all software and hardware.
- Designed 4 different pharmacy location build outs that include the work flow process, IT room build outs and worked diligently with more than one telecommunication carriers to ensure the data and telecom connectivity connections were correctly installed, tested the connections and implemented this into production.
- Created web based customer portals to allow the use of form submissions for office use.
- Responsible for all aspects of IT Procurement. Purchase and track all equipment and handle all vendor contracts and renewals.
- Create numerous documentation for new programs/software that have been implemented.
- Managed a team that consisted of Helpdesk Support, Support Analyst and Incident Management. Some of my team was local and others were offsite at another one of the business locations.
Jul 2007 - Sep 2011
Senior Client Technologies Analyst
- Maintain all aspects of IT within the PharMerica Corporate office: data storage, telecom, printing solutions, desktop and laptop configure and repair. Improved employee relations concerning IT requests and insured all employee equipment functioning and that the employees are able to do their job(s).
- Manage and administer Product Development Procedures and documentation, which include the creation and implementation of training manuals. Defined and developed processes and procedures for new product development.
- Work with business departments to determine requirements, screen concepts and use cases. Also defined requirements for creating new and modifying existing support documentation for the sales, support and field users. Developed lasting relationships within the business side to determine the needs and functionality of their business.
- Implemented day to day support procedures of local users at the corporate office. I handled all IT requests including Desktop, Telecom, Network Server, Network Storage, and Network Printing. Developed and implemented processes and procedures to ensure all issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Provided Specialized Level 1/2 Support for the network, network storage and telecom. Work closely with various vendors diagnosing and resolving issues within the IT Infrastructure. Substantially improved vendor relations and improved client workflow process.
- Involved with a domain migration project. Working with both sides of Project Management for Kindred Healthcare and PharMerica on moving 6500+ people from one domain to a new domain. Duties included determining the Beta testers and which applications they used.
May 2001 - Jul 2007
Senior Application Analyst
- Heavily involved in an existing system life-cycle to replace the existing front end application with a new front and back end application using SQL. This includes new hardware. Ongoing life cycle project.
- Beta testing new applications for the Pharmacy Division. This includes applications for sending and retrieving data via FTP, processing secure information from 1 Pharmacy to another and updates to current software. Insured a smooth transition for the end user with documentation and second level support.
- Provided Specialized Level 2 – 3 for Kindred’s Pharmacy Division as the Team Lead. Analyzing new and existing issues within applications. Work closely with the vendors of application in diagnosing and resolving issues within the applications. Substantially improved vendor relations and improved client work flow process.
- Provided Level 1 – 2 support for Kindred Domain users, non-Domain users and vendors. Worked closely with NT Support and OPS Control to resolve issues. Work with users concerning any hardware/software related issues including printing, Intranet, Internet, and LAN connectivity issues. Provide support for 50,000 + employees in a timely and professional manner on a daily basis. Reduced call times by 50%. Seek additional responsibility on numerous projects.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Certified in Management Development program by the University of Louisville.
- ITIL Certified
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office 2000 - 20013, Lotus Notes, Windows End User environment, Windows 2000 Professional, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Window 8.1, Server 2003 and Server 2008 R2. Some Server 2012
- ShoreTel Trained
- Nortel programming of the PBX.
- Have knowledge in Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008 R2.
- Designed and implemented Web sites using Front Page 2003, HTML, Macromedia and PHP.
- Knowledgeable in PHP, specifically Wordpress