A proven leader, excellent communicator, and fact-based problem solver, with strong business development and client relationship management skills. Certified Project Manager (PMP), and Certified Management Consultant (CMC) with over 12 years of professional experience, including 10 years of management responsibilities. Able to integrate multifaceted work history, strong educational background, and strong interpersonal skills to lead teams, deliver excellent client results, and manage consulting organizations. Familiar with ProSight, Worklenz, HP PPM, SAP, and PeopleSoft product offerings.
Aug 2008 - Present
CEO & Managing Partner
- Department of Education. Led the process to ensure complete synchronization between budget services and the CPIC group. Oversaw team that implemented an on-time and on-budget a CPIC OMB submission tool. Worked directly with the client to re-initiate earned value management control procedures and reduce the number of High Risk and Management Watch List investments by over 15%. Project utilized HP's Project Portfolio Management software products.
- Internal Revenue Service. Provided recommendations to improve and update the internal CPIC Process Guide. Reviewed 30 major investments for compliance with IRS strategic goals, CPIC guidance, and performance management best practices.
May 2004 - Aug 2008
Senior Manager > Director > Managing Director
Executive Leadership & Operational Activities
- Negotiated over ten separate strategic teaming and subcontractor agreements with Fortune 500 firms, small start-up consultancies, and technology solution providers.
- Presented firm capabilities and represented the organization at multiple industry conferences, federal workshops, teaching and presentation forums, and marketing events.
- Instituted operational management scorecard, initiated employee training programs, and developed staffing and recruiting reports.
Selected Client Engagements
- US Agency for International Development - CIO Advisory Services. Grew engagement from less than $100,000 to over $5 million in annual revenue. Used a COBIT based methodology to support an internal IT governance audit and process improvement plan. Used an ITIL based methodology to redesign the budgeting, financial planning, IT chargeback, and portfolio management capabilities of the organization. Led the development of a software development lifecycle methodology, including the development of phase gate reviews, project exit criteria and artifact quality factors. Developed the work breakdown structure, integrated master plan, and integrated master schedule to support the performance based management system. Led the development and co-authored the five-year IT Strategic Plan. Project utilized ProSight and Worklenz software products.
- Department of Homeland Security – Transformation Project Management Office. Led $2 million project to support the project management office of a $50 million federal IT Transformation project. Developed organizational assessment tool that supports Clinger-Cohen compliance. Led efforts to develop internal and external project marketing and communication materials. Used portfolio management tools to support the financial management and budgeting processes.
- National Nuclear Security Agency – Materials Accountability Program. Led $2 million project to support the program management office of a multi-million dollar e-Government project. Co-developed comparative framework to assess proposed people, process, and technology solutions for improved coordination among the nation’s nuclear materials systems. Developed financial estimates and collaborated with subject matter experts from across the country to collect data and determine final recommendations. Analysis included enterprise architecture, information process flow, and regulatory compliance issues. Coordinated the CPIC processes including the Exhibit 300, Exhibit 53, and Quarterly Control (EVMS) efforts. Project used ProSight's software suite.
Feb 1998 - May 2004
Consultant > Senior Consultant
- Consumer Goods Corporation – Business Process Re-Engineering. Led project team that analyzed the warehousing costs, freight costs, and inventory policies. Identified over $2 million in working capital and product cost savings
- Retail Corporation – IT System Implementation. Managed the quality assurance team of a supply chain software implementation. Led the testing of over 350 product and process tests for the client’s 2.5 million square foot production and distribution facility.
- Healthcare Corporation – Supply Chain Management. Managed the inventory reconfiguration project that reduced stock outs by 32% and eliminated over 750 manual replenishment orders annually. Oversaw training material content development and the delivery of 23 training sessions to over 70 client members
- High Technology Corporation – Supply Chain Management. Defined supply chain and warehouse system requirements. Led evaluation process for warehousing software selection.
- Consumer Goods Corporation – ERP System Implementation Project. Led PeopleSoft implementation support team for the client's largest manufacturing facility. Project reduced transaction errors by 75% and improved inventory accuracy by 80%.
Sep 1995 - Feb 1998
Process Engineer > Project Manager
- Managed a cross-functional optical product development team. Led designed experiments resulting in 50% waste reduction and 30% improvement in process speed while maintaining full optical properties. Directly responsible for process engineering and communications.
- Reengineered South African warehouse and distribution center for layout, safety and response time improvement.Implemented new strategies resulting in a 25% reduction in order processing time.