D. Eric Riddle
13 Broadview Road • Brookfield, CT 06804 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Home: 203-740-7553 • Mobile: 203-470-9377
Senior Sales and Operations Executive
Outstanding Sales and Operational achievement record with equal success in
building, training, motivating and mentoring top-performing teams.
• Reversed a 25% year-over-year revenue decline for a company by generating the highest new booking levels reached in single quarters (Q3 & Q4, 2004) in company history.
• Grew annual revenues 126% from $16 million to $20.3 million for a Northeast region and established it as a one of the company’s highest revenue-generators.
• Built worldwide sales pipeline from zero to $20 million within six months; surpassed company revenue objective.
• Attained multimillion dollar quotas by an average of 107% to 143% and named Salesperson of the Year; Perennial President’s Club winner and recipient of numerous monthly sales awards.
Skilled in building start-up sales organizations, opening and developing new territories, targeting and securing major accounts, out-selling the competition and protecting key account relationships in intensely competitive markets. Equally successful at refining existing sales models, and at bringing organizational disciplines and creating new sales and operational process management that have improved companies’ sales and revenue generation areas. Proven ability to work with cross-functional executive team members and achieve cooperation among everyone toward a common objective. Disciplined, flexible and creative.
•New Business Development • Recruiting, Hiring & Training
• P&L and Field Operations Management • Team Building, Motivation & Leadership
• Process Design & Implementation • Sales Productivity & Performance Improvement
- Building Direct and Indirect Sales Channels • Significant International Experience
• Global, National & Regional Account Management • Due Diligence & Acquisition Initiatives
JENCARAN PERFORMANCE, INC. dba. POPOLI POWERSPORTS; Westfield, MA 2005 to Pres.
Popoli Powersports is a multi-line franchised store engaged in the sales and service of new and used Honda, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia motorcycles.
- Purchased Business and Commercial Real Estate
- Annual Revenues of $5M+
- Purchased through private equity and debt financing
- Raised over $1.75M dollars in SBA secured acquisition debt financing
- Created comprehensive winning business plans to support financing initiatives
- Created comprehensive and achievable pro forma financial plans to support debt and equity investments
- Doubled Customer Service labor sales from a multi year history of $250K to over $500K in 18 Months
- Increased Customer Satisfaction Index from 84% to 96% in first year
- Increased Parts, Garments and Accessories sales from $800K to $950K in a market declining 15% annually
- Increased overall Operational Income margin from 24% to industry leading 29%
- Implemented effective operational and reporting controls resulting in industry leading performance metrics
- Recognized by American Honda as “Top 50” Dealer in 2008.
- Recruited and Developed a self sufficient management team
Avotus Corporation; Toronto, Canada 2003 to 2005
Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Field Operations
Challenged to strategically develop and orchestrate a critical turnaround, revitalization and sales expansion for a $30 million global software and consulting services firm providing telecommunication Spend Management solutions. Managed a 71-person sales and delivery field organization. Held full P&L responsibility for a $22 million dollar budget.
• Generated the highest new booking levels reached in single quarters(Q3’04 & Q4’04) in the history of the company. Successfully halted the previous 25% year-over-year revenue decline.
• Structured new compensation plans, instituted a new organizational structure, implemented Salesforce.com, established new sales line management and worked to enhance the skill set of the 24-person North American sales force. Instilled a sense of optimism and improved morale, and sales growth/productivity. Professionalized the organization.
• Supported the due diligence process leading to two successful acquisitions providing critical product line expansion.
D. Eric Riddle Page Two
Think Tools, Inc. (SWX: TTO); Zurich, Switzerland 2002 to 2003
Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Operations (2002 to 2003)
Served as a member of a new executive management team with a global publicly-traded company providing business intelligence software and solutions to diverse markets; clients include PriceWaterhouseCoopers, BASF, Alcoa, JP Morgan Chase, Renault-Nissan, Bayer and BMW. Charged with converting the company’s professional services model to a software solutions model; responsibilities also involved designing business processes, developing a market strategy, recruiting and leading a professional software sales team, and overseeing all direct and indirect sales channels worldwide.
• Grewworldwide sales pipeline from zero to $20 million in six months; exceeded $4 million revenue objective.
• Hired and managed a top-performing, 20-person sales team located in the U.S., Munich, London and Zurich. Provided training and contributed interactive, motivational leadership.
• Instituted sales, contract and software implementation business processes that strengthened sales growth and productivity, and expanded the scope, level and caliber of client service; also architected a new business model that was deployed in July, 2003.
• Served as an Executive on the Think Tools Product Steering Committee, and chosen as a member of a three-person M&A valuation and due diligence team. Executed successful exit strategy selling the company assets and public listing to RedIT, Zurich, Switzerland.
ARIBA, INC (formerly FreeMarkets, Inc.); Pittsburgh, PA (Nasdaq: ARBA) 2001 to 2002
Sales Group Director
Challenged to build a regional sales team and drive business in the Northeast area for a company providing eSourcing and Spend Management software and services to Global 2000 companies. Built a 16 person sales team effectively from scratch.
• Grew annual revenues 126% from $16 million to $20.3 million and established the Northeast as one of the company’s largest and highest revenue-generating regions. Managed and Secured business with numerous clients including Pepsi, Pfizer, Terex, Raytheon, Hubbell, UTC, Bombardier, Perkin-Elmer and Welch’s Foods.
• Increased sales productivity by 30% and achieved a major cost savings through co-developing and implementing an organizational restructuring plan; also helped develop sales compensation and policy guidelines for the new organization.
• Improved forecast accuracy, opportunity qualification and deal management through team lead participation on the design and implementation of an optimized sales process.
Metiom, Inc.(formerly Intelisys Electronic Commerce, L.L.C.) New York, NY 1999 to 2001
Vice President of Sales (2001-2002)
Vice President of Sales, Eastern Region (1999 to 2001)
Advanced to a higher level position with a Forstmann Little portfolio company, a leading provider of enterprise e-procurement, sourcing, supply chain management and B2B e-marketplace infrastructure software solutions to the Global 2000’s. Recruited, hired and trained a 16-person sales team and managed all direct and indirect sales initiatives focusing on the Eastern U.S.; subsequently promoted to Vice President of Sales with responsibility for driving all sales execution activities for the company. Provided leadership and managerial oversight to a 75-person team of Sales Executives and Pre-Sales Consultants who were responsible for an $80 million quota.
• Grew the Northeast region by 2875% from $400,000 to $11.5 million in software license sales; region was ranked as the top sales region in the company.
• Structured strategic software license agreements and consistently demonstrated outstanding presentation, negotiation and closing skills with clients, including JP Morgan, Lexis Nexis, Hasbro and AICPA.
- Instituted Siebel and Target Account Selling and designed/implemented a highly successful strategic account sales process.
ADP Dealer Services; Clifton, NJ 1989 to 1999
Director of Sales, National Accounts (1998 to 1999)
Advanced through progressively more responsible sales positions with a $1 billion division of ADP Inc., a company that provides enterprise-wide, turnkey IT and consulting solutions to primarily retail automotive and motor sports dealers. Promoted to plan and execute national sales strategies, define and capture key accounts, establish a competitive market position and facilitate product/service delivery. Managed a 10-person sales team; responsible for the division’s largest quota of $24 million.
• Achieved 305% YTD growth over previous year and attained 130% of annual quota.
• Team Ranked as #2 in North America for total dollar volume sales; team was #1 in performance for percentage of quota in the Northeast region.
D. Eric Riddle Page Three
Director of Sales, Central Region (1996 to 1998) / Major Account Executive (1993 to 1996)
Key Account Executive (1992 to 1993)
Promoted through account executive positions and relocated to Pittsburgh to open and direct a new sales region. Hired and developed from scratch, a top performing, six-person sales team responsible for a $12 million quota.
• Identified opportunities throughout the Northeast region, targeted, penetrated and grew business with accounts, and successfully finished at 119% of quota.
• Developed and managed a list of prestigious national accounts as Major Account Executive. Provided high-level presentation of products and captured strategic wins including AVIS Rent a Car, one of the largest contracts in the history of the division and the first sale into a new market. Achieved President’s Club for three consecutive years; attained 122%, 118% and 143% of quota .
• Achieved 126% of quota and qualified for President’s Club in 1993 while serving as Key Account Executive. Captured market share and successfully outpaced the competition.
Territory Manager (1991 to 1992)
Account Manager (1989 to 1991)
Sold and delivered upgrade systems and add-on business optimization services to ADP customers and advanced to a higher level position to drive business with both existing and new ADP accounts.
• Achieved 107% of quota in 1991 and finished 116% of quota in 1992. Qualified for President’s Club for two consecutive years.
• Generated record-breaking sales in the Northeast Region for the highest number of systems sales in 1991; named as the Account Manager of the Year. Recognized as “National Salesperson of the Month” four times.
Previous Experience (1984 to 1989): Served as a Sales Executive with Pitney Bowes, Inc. ($4 billion dollar Fortune 200 corporation providing copying, mailing and facsimile solutions and services to businesses
University of Connecticut, Stamford CT 1980 to 1984
Major, Business Management
Other Training and Certification
Miller-Heiman – Strategic Selling
Acclivus Negotiation Skills Training
Siebel and Salesforce.com CRM Certified
Siebel Target Account Selling Certification
Siebel Target Account Selling Managers Certification
Sandler Sales Institute Trained